Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retired & hv had several bikes on and off (mostly 'off') during my life. First bike was a Honda 90 at age 15. First 'real' motorcycle was a Triumph 500 Trophy Twin(carbs) at age 18. Hadn't ridden for a couple decades up till cpl years ago. Have an Indian Scout & recently added a 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour...as I found the Scout isn't much of a 'touring' bike. With a cpl upgrades it's a great 'Hot Rod' tho! Only have about 5000 miles under my belt this round & need to do more, especially curvy roads, to get my 'mojo' back.

·
Zip
2,513 Posts
Welcome! That "couple of decades off" seems to be a common theme (I did that myself).

I'd recommend you take a riding course if you haven't already. The world is a very different place these days from the one we learned (taught ourselves?) how to ride in all those years ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! That "couple of decades off" seems to be a common theme (I did that myself).

I'd recommend you take a riding course if you haven't already. The world is a very different place these days from the one we learned (taught ourselves?) how to ride in all those years ago.
-------------------------
Thx Roger...I've taken a cpl courses & try to ride as much as poss....even if it's just an 'around the blocker' thru cpl cities on back[ish] roads. No kidding it's a different world! I just do my thing...stay way back, scan the environment, drive very conservatively. That's all I can do on 'my' end. The rest is up to providence. ;)

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are a friendly site here. Well, most of us.

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
Welcome back to 2 wheels, a lot of us did the same thing, I only took a brief 30 year hiatus from riding. :)
You have chosen two great bikes, they will complement each other well, I have all Victory bikes right now, my wife is working on filling the garage with Indians.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,500 Posts
I took about 25 years off, took the course and bam back on two wheels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts