Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Im a 28 year old guy working a bit offshore and industrial 3D modeling just recently baught myself a Honda CB Sevenfift from 98. From all the other things i have baugt in life I belive this is the most beautiful thing i hve ever owned!

But as i bet most of you other guys in here I have one thing that bugs me with the bike. It just dosent make enough sound. So I have made it my mission to make this girl purr like it is supsoed to do! My criteria for this project is that i want to use the original exhaust setup since it is a 4 to 2 exhaust witch is absolutly wonderful in design for the bike. so we will se how this will go. :)

Il post images of my bike when I figure out how the hell that is done!

(Also i will have to apologise for my terrible english! Not my primary consern when im writing)

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
There should be aftermarket mufflers available for the 4 into 2 system. A large change in exhaust back pressure may require larger jets in the carbs to adjust the fuel mixture. Check with the muffler manufacturer for the proper specifications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been searching alot after aftermarked muflers for the bike but i have come across some. But they are usually really expencive. So i want to slightly modefy the original exhaust to keep the budget down.

I have also been thinking of rejetting the bike. But im not experineced enough for doing sutch an opperation yet.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Customization is often expensive. I'd recommend doing the job correctly, however. As much as exhaust systems cost, they are still cheaper than replacing the engine if done incorrectly. The motorcycle will also run a lot better with properly tuned exhaust.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Missouri, USA. Hope you find the exhaust that makes your heart smile.

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
Yep. Listen to what Dodsfall says. He isn't saying that to make himself rich. And....

·
Registered
804 Posts
Welcome, Chrenkles!

You need 15 posts in order to add pictures. So, post away, then show us the pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts