Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here from North Carolina. Just picked up a 2014 Suzuki SFV650 last week - getting back in to riding after several years away. Put 40k combined on my previous bikes.

Anybody here from central NC (Triangle/Triad area) that wants to meet up for a ride?

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!
I got friends and family in Kings Mountain N.C. and nearby York,S.C. and Rock Hill S.C.
Regards
Ed

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,296 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Saladin, I am located near Burlington, but I work in Durham. I could meet you just about anywhere between Raleigh and Greensboro (or thereabouts) for a ride. Let me know what dates/times work for you. I could do most weekends or even weeknights with a little advance notice.

Howdy. I'm in the area and just bought the same bike a few days ago. I'd be happy to join ya for a ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Saladin, I am located near Burlington, but I work in Durham. I could meet you just about anywhere between Raleigh and Greensboro (or thereabouts) for a ride. Let me know what dates/times work for you. I could do most weekends or even weeknights with a little advance notice.
Sounds good, man. I'm on vacation this week with nothing better to do than ride whether it be mountain bike or motorcycle, but some sort of two-wheeled fun nonetheless. Slight possibility of rafting this weekend, but if not, what about Saturday? I don't yet know the best riding spots but something country and just a little curvy (not good enough yet for anything too twisty) would be fun.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would 2:30pm on Saturday be too late to meet up? I'm getting my 600 mile service done on Saturday and they're supposed to be finished and have me out of there by 1:30pm in Durham.

If you'd rather meet up earlier, I could probably meet you around 9:30am.

Just let me know what works for you. Looking forward to it!

Sounds good, man. I'm on vacation this week with nothing better to do than ride whether it be mountain bike or motorcycle, but some sort of two-wheeled fun nonetheless. Slight possibility of rafting this weekend, but if not, what about Saturday? I don't yet know the best riding spots but something country and just a little curvy (not good enough yet for anything too twisty) would be fun.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would 2:30pm on Saturday be too late to meet up? I'm getting my 600 mile service done on Saturday and they're supposed to be finished and have me out of there by 1:30pm in Durham.

If you'd rather meet up earlier, I could probably meet you around 9:30am.

Just let me know what works for you. Looking forward to it!
Sounds good to me, man. I haven't hit my 600 miles yet. I hope after our ride I'll be about there. We can meet up in somewhere in Durham if ya'd like.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sounds good to me, man. I haven't hit my 600 miles yet. I hope after our ride I'll be about there. We can meet up in somewhere in Durham if ya'd like.
Okay - I should be leaving Triangle Cycles on 15-501 in Durham about 1:30pm or shortly thereafter. I can meet you anywhere you like in Durham by 2:30pm or perhaps a little earlier. Or if you want to ride in the morning around 9:30 or 10am I could do that too. Please reply here or you can email me at jay1958 AT nc dot rr dot com.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
There's a great Greek buffet on the weekends just north of Triangle Cycles on 15-501. Spartacus.

Come to think of it though, that would be a lousy place to meet up. After eating there you'll be more inclined to take a nap then to go for a ride.:)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are exactly right about Spartacus! The buffet is fantastic, but I always over-indulge, making me pretty worthless for anything else for the rest of the day, except sleep.

Blue Note Grill (BBQ) used to be near there, too, but they moved to a larger location downtown across the street from the OLD Durham Bulls Ballpark - not the new one.

There's a great Greek buffet on the weekends just north of Triangle Cycles on 15-501. Spartacus.

Come to think of it though, that would be a lousy place to meet up. After eating there you'll be more inclined to take a nap then to go for a ride.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mmmm...Greek buffet. I love Mediterranean food!...except the olives. Those things disgust me. I will have to look into that though. but yeah, probably not a great idea to overfill the stomach before putting on a lot of hot gear and throwing around a 450 lb machine. Perhaps we can grab something light before the ride or something more substantial afterwards.

How 'bout meeting at the Hope Mills shopping center just down the road. Between Dick's, The Bicycle Chain, and maybe even Best Buy, I'm sure I can kill some time if they're not done exactly by 1:30. Fortunately I'll have the bike so I won't really be able to take home anything and kill my wallet at either of those places.

I'll PM you my number for more convenient contact.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts