Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all.

My name is Jamie. I am a new rider and am basically still learning. I ride a 2000 Suzuki Intruder 805. My husband drives a 1995 Honda Shadow V1100. As the name eludes to we are Native Texans stationed, for now, in Norfolk, Va. My husband is active duty Navy 17 years in. I am a double major (Nursing/Psychology) with hopes of going into the Nursing Corps. I have already seen this forum can be a helpful tool. I am thankful to have such a useful tool available to me now and even when I am no longer a novice rider.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my bike. It's so quiet when you pull in the clutch it makes you think you killed it lol. I breathe and it responds! Couldn't ask for a better bike.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach.

Norfolk, Va Beach, and Tidewater in general can be a fun place to be, with lots of things for many different interests. (Not a lot of great relaxing riding right there in the metro area though, but some is close.)

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Thanks to your husband for his service and thanks to you for the sacrifices you make.

Glad you've started riding. Have fun out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your support. Without it, it makes our jobs much harder! I am loving riding and it is an awesome way to relax.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right about the riding around here. It can get kind of hairy! I don't care for Hampton Roads but Uncle Sam says we are here for at least a little while longer. The kids like their school and our neighborhood so that makes the rest tolerable. I know my husband will be going with my brother in law on a boys weekend to The Dragon's Tail, down in NC sometime this fall. Once you get out of the metro it is nice riding. Even better, this state at least, we do not have to pay tolls! lol

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Howdy!
Welcome from the hills of East Tennessee!!
Please tell your husband I said Thanks for his Service!!
I hope you get to pursue your dream of Nursing and the Navy.
Regards from a Disabled Vietnam era Veteran!
Ed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Howdy Ed!

Thank you for your support and also for your service as well! My favorite Uncle, Butch was also in Vietnam in the Army. Hope to ride out your way at some point!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Howdy Ed!

Thank you for your support and also for your service as well! My favorite Uncle, Butch was also in Vietnam in the Army. Hope to ride out your way at some point!

OK, Let me know ( send me a pm) when you are heading this way, maybe I can suggest some roads / areas you may want to ride/visit. And some it would be wise to avoid, LOL
Lots and Lots of really scenic rides around here,One thing I can suggest is a little known secret, there is a small business here been around for 30+ years or so called "Bikers Rags" its long time family owners Pam and Jeff, take a ride almost every Tuesday even in winter if not snowing and post a "Ride Report" to their website along with pictures and videos and email the ride report to folks who "Follow" them, I follow them, there's no cost and no obligation at all ( They love motorcycles and their customers , really great folks!!, No, I am not related nor working there!) and frequently I will read about a ride they took, look at the pics and video they have posted and take the same ride myself! Really neat!! I have lived here all my life except for my time in the military and when I was in school in South Central Pennsylvania. I learn something from their ride reports all the time, check them out and sign up to follow if you wish. Fall is coming soon and the trees ( Leaf colors ) are gonna be really fantastic this year because we have had a lot of rain.
Again, Welcome & Regards
Ed:biggrin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will visit Seattle when I earn my big girl pants lol but not in riding. I walk in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk For The Cure. Maybe we will see you then!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts