Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had a few bikes and have just bought back my old (1983) Honda XL500. She's had some off-road abuse in my absence and I'm looking to hack her a little - jobs lined up include;

- frame repaint (white/silver to black)
- downsize front wheel from 21 to 19 and go to black rims
- custom rear light and indicators
- custom seat
- delete plastics, get ally mudguards
- engine rebuild (it weeps a little) and remove the black paint
- bigger headlamp, ideally with mesh guard

the inspiration is a French hack job - I can't post links yet but if you're curious search for 4h10 dirty sandy (honestly, it's legit!). They used a Honda Dominator, not sure if you had those in the US

Unfortunately I have the technical skills of an sugar-addled toddler with a hammer but I'm all fired up! Thought I'd get on here and read up as much as I can.

My other bikes are a Moto Morini Gran Passo 1200 (like BMW GS but sportier, V twin) and a thrashed 2002 Suzuki DRZ400E

Cheers
J

·
American Legion Rider
23,697 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
Hi

Gidday from a small Island in the Salish Sea.
Sorry about your rugby team getting bounced out in the first round by Ozz and Wales. Maybe they need to import a view more Kiwis like Ozz and Japan.

Was born in Croydon, near the zoo and Elite Motorcycles, from mixed race parents. Dad was a Cockney, mother was a Geordie.

Which part of jolly old are you in?

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm amazed of your motorcycle collection...

I'm afraid that in my case my bike may abused. I am busy at my work now and most of the time I can't do motorcycling... Well my little bro use my bike mostly.. Well, lets pray for good things

1 - 6 of 6 Posts