Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. 50 years old; rode Honda street bikes (CJ360 then CB750K) in my teens and twenties, then took a couple of decades off from riding while my family was growing up. A couple of years ago I got the bug again and bought an '06 Boulevard S50. It was a great bike, but felt a little small for me. Last year I made a deal on a '97 Intruder 1400, which gives me a lot more room to stretch my legs and cruise at higher highway speeds. Now with spring coming, I have to face up to selling the S50, which makes me sad.

Since I got back into riding I've been lurking a lot on a model-specific discussion forum. I've learned a lot from the tech pages there, but the general discussion board is given over the same 10 people hammering away at the three most tedious topics I can think of: politics, religion and Harley hating. The boards here seem refreshingly on topic, and I look forward to hangin' out and getting to know you.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. We discuss almost everything here. Makes it a great place to hang out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome. So I would guess that you are an Oiler fan?
I pay attention to them when they're winning, which hasn't been much for the past several years. My son, on the other hand, is a hardcore fan, and all the more frustrated for it. Joe, I see you're from Wisconsin. Is there a favorite NHL team there?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Welcome from Seattle!

We dabble in politics, not enough to ruin friendships. We are okay with anyone's religious beliefs, as long as they aren't shoved up anyone else's arse, because we respect the arse's need to be able to sit on the open road for long stretches at a time. And l have to say that this group has bridged the gap between Japanese-American-European bike enthusiasts as well as anyone l have ever seen. I personally have owned many bikes, all of them Japanese, but am now leaning towards an Indian for my next bike, so l feel like everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and the right to change it. I hope you like hanging out with us, we are a pretty cool group of people :)

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
I pay attention to them when they're winning, which hasn't been much for the past several years. My son, on the other hand, is a hardcore fan, and all the more frustrated for it. Joe, I see you're from Wisconsin. Is there a favorite NHL team there?
I'm a Minnesota Wild fan. They are attempting to rally into a wildcard spot. 9-1-1 in the last 10 games, but they still have a bit of a climb.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Well, at least the Oilers are technically ahead of the Sabers. :)

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
Frozen North

I just love that word REFORM. That covers two of the three you mentioned.
One of the bike gang here rides a Harley, and that is fine with me.
Hi from Gabriola Island. Some AB folks can find their way here. Quite a few of them keep boats on the coast. One is a member of our local Yacht Club.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Well, at least the Oilers are technically ahead of the Sabers. :)
LOL battle for the bottom of the barrel. Ah well, someone has to be last I suppose. Personally I am absolutely stunned at the success of my Habs this year, best year we've had in well over a decade.

Welcome to the forum Yellowheader!!! :71baldboy:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a Minnesota Wild fan. They are attempting to rally into a wildcard spot. 9-1-1 in the last 10 games, but they still have a bit of a climb.
For Dubnyk, your welcome. He showed some promise for the Oilers a couple of years ago, but last year he was pretty bad and we traded him away. Glad that he's finding his feet in Minn. The league is littered with ex-Oilers that have become solid contributors to other teams.:confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL battle for the bottom of the barrel. Ah well, someone has to be last I suppose. Personally I am absolutely stunned at the success of my Habs this year, best year we've had in well over a decade.

Welcome to the forum Yellowheader!!! :71baldboy:
Thanks! Maybe they can bring the cup back to Canada?

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Thanks! Maybe they can bring the cup back to Canada?
That would be amazing... In all honesty, I'll cheer an Canadian team left in the playoffs if the Habs are out, but right now they're the only real contender. We'll see what happens :) Either way, been an amazing year for us so far.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Yeah, the Habs are doing great this year!

As opposed to my 'Canes, which are trying their best to root the Oilers out of that bottom slot. Oh well.....it's a year for re-building I guess.

And Tampa Bay is right behind the Habs, but I just can't bring myself to root for TB. Or even like them. Not even a little bit.

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
For Dubnyk, your welcome. He showed some promise for the Oilers a couple of years ago, but last year he was pretty bad and we traded him away. Glad that he's finding his feet in Minn. The league is littered with ex-Oilers that have become solid contributors to other teams.:confused:
Yeah, Dubnyk is the net tender we were missing earlier in the season. He's been widely welcome St Paul and has been playing great.
Wild are in Edmonton tonight, hopefully we can get 2 points. Despite all the winning lately we can't seem to make up any ground.

I always cheer for the Canadian teams in the playoffs, that is unless they are playing Minnesota.

There is talk in a few years of putting the Nordics back in Quebec City, and adding another team in Toronto. Seattle also makes sense, but I can't figure out the idea of a Las Vegas team:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
Harley

Actually, that would cover all three. Deborah Gray rode a Harley you know.;) (I wonder what she's doing these days)
Forgot about Deborah Gray.
This time of the year it is easy to forget anybody in AB rides.
Mrs Snippets brother had to quit due to poor health, so his wife quit too.
They are in Edmonton.
I will be putting 140 miles on my old XS11, and side car, over the weekend.
I have nothing good to say about the Smuckies.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
in Edmonton tonight, hopefully we can get 2 points. Despite all the winning lately we can't seem to make up any ground:
4-0? Dubie gets the shutout and you get your wish Joe2:rolleyes:

The sportswriters here tell us that the league is biased against adding Canadian teams even if the markets would support them - not as profitable as US teams in terms of TV revenue. By all accounts it was like pulling teeth to bring a team back to Winnipeg... As for Toronto, the Leafs have such a strong position on the board that they'll always block any attempt to put another team in their backyard. So the story goes, anyway. Seattle? Why not? Vegas? I dunno, that's a weird market to read.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts