Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is chris and I live in dry fork Va . I joined this forum to obtain help and keep up with what people are doing with their bikes . I just purchased a 1982 Yamaha maxim 750 and plan on bobbing it out . Iwork full ttime as a fabricator in danville and have a amazing wife and a great daughter. This is my first shaft driven bike and hope in the future to obtain any helpful hints on things to do . I don't know what else to add here other than ride on and ride safe !!!!!!!! See you on the road :71baldboy:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
My FIRST full-size motorcycle, back in the mid-eighties, was a shaft drive. Never had a LICK of trouble with it!

Good luck!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome from Newport News Virginia. The Maxim was a nice air cooled inline four. I had an XJ700X, but looked real hard at the Maxim before I got the X model. Unfortunately the Yamaha of that era had the shaft jacking problem, but was still a very nice ride. You might want try it on as it was designed before you decide to bob it, the old UJM's were a delight to ride, something you rarely see today. They were actually designed as transportation and some were stellar mile eaters. Progressive and many others have nice solutions for front springs and shocks that greatly improve the handling of these bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts