Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself. Last weekend I purchased my first bike, a 2009 Yamaha FZ6R set up as a naked streetfighter. I live in Ohio, so unfortunately We are having single digit and below-zero temperatures right now. I can't wait for it to warm up and thaw out so I can go ride. I just received my helmet, jacket, and gloves that i ordered through Revzilla.com. So far I am impressed with this forum, and look forward to meeting some riders on here and learning all that I can from them.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have you taken the BRC yet? If not I highly recommend it. Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I just signed up for the next 16 hour class in my area, but its not until May. I heard the classes were really informative.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Watch a lot of CaptCrash's videos. Many of them cover things they will teach you, weaving thru cones, the BOX (figure 8), running this over, emergency stops and so much more. I still go back and watch them from time to time because they are that good.

The Slow maneuvers are something you will use. The thought process they teach are what is really valuable!! Glad you signed up. Get plenty of rest the night before. The class is very informative and a lot of fun.

·
American Legion Rider
21,203 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,843 Posts
Welcome aboard, and listen to Moni, no one wants to make mom mad.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome from the barren winter tundra known as Edmonton Alberta.
And you will greatly benefit from the BRC. Is the FZR your first bike?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts