Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined today and have been reading through most of the posts and think I answered all my questions so far. I joined to ask the usual list of newbie questions, so thanks for saving me the trouble by having all the great info already here.
My class is scheduled (earliest I could get is July! but that's ok, healing from a torn achilles), and then I'll be purchasing my first bike. I am pretty stoked! Looking forward to letting people know my choice and joining participating in the forums.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
With regard to your "torn Achilles," if I may......

Which Ankle?

If it's your right Ankle, that will be less troublesome as you continue to heal.

If it's your LEFT Ankle, you might want to be careful to not demand too much of it, too soon! Your left Ankle (unless you have some sort of older bike that is foreign made and everything is reversed) will be fairly busy, and you don't want to push it too soon, or demand too much of it, too forcefully.

-Soupy

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
When you take your class, and you have a question about something, make sure you ask. You will not only be helping yourself, but the others sitting next to you. I was so nervous on my second day about the figure 8 that you have to do on the test. Dodsfall gave me the courage to go into class early that day and get some one on one with the instructor. I managed to ace the figure 8 in practice, but not so much on the test. But it wasn't a big deal as it isn't what really counts. Though the maneuver does help you learn slow moving techniques, like u turns that you will have to make at some point in time.

My best words of advise, keep your eyes ahead and not on the ground. Make sure you know the proper hand position on the throttle. Bring plenty of non carbonated drinks, as if it's hot, you are going to be sweating bullets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts