Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snuck in a lunch-time ride today. 60 degrees, sunny, dry roads (for a change). Just sayin'. :biggrin:

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Might make 60 here today in North FL but the lows have been around 30 and nothing much over 50 for the past 3 days ..

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
We might reach 14F today, if we're lucky :)

·
Visionary
4,632 Posts
20s here, snowing lightly, and about an inch of salt was spread on the highways to combat the 1/4 inch of snow that we got.
:frown:

What's going to kill me is that I'll be in Florida for 4 days over the long weekend, but my bike will still be back home in Pennsylvania. :mad:

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Yoyo season here with 38º now but in 2 days they have predicted 24º and snow. Hang on for the ride season. 67º yesterday. Weeeeeeeeee........

·
8,606 Posts
42 now, with a 35 degree wind chill factor. Blue skies but a very slight chance of rain.:p

Yesterday @ 4 PM it was 60 degrees:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20s here, snowing lightly, and about an inch of salt was spread on the highways to combat the 1/4 inch of snow that we got.
:frown:

What's going to kill me is that I'll be in Florida for 4 days over the long weekend, but my bike will still be back home in Pennsylvania. :mad:
Eaglerider.com will feed the addiction... for a price. :biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Not so once you get old Lurch. The heat feels good. Or at least it does for me.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Never minded the heat. But in the panhandle of FL and then in north GA, the humidity combined with the heat was oppressive. I'll give up a few winter month riding to have the very enjoyable summers up here. Plus the annual forced break from riding keeps the spark hot.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Never minded the heat. But in the panhandle of FL and then in north GA, the humidity combined with the heat was oppressive. I'll give up a few winter month riding to have the very enjoyable summers up here. Plus the annual forced break from riding keeps the spark hot.
I agree the humidity can be bad. But that also one reason I'm not on the coast or gulf. I just never cared for all that water to begin with. Even in Cali I was well inland. But yep even here there are days I sure could do without it. But I prefer it over the cold and snow for 8 months a year. And anything below 75º is cold.:D

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The summers aren't so bad. I just throw on a chill vest under my mesh jacket and britches.

It's the temps below 50 for two weeks in late January that I can't deal with.

·
On The Road Again!
3,845 Posts
The summers aren't so bad. I just throw on a chill vest under my mesh jacket and britches.

It's the temps below 50 for two weeks in late January that I can't deal with.
Temps below 50 for TWO WHOLE WEEKS???
Oh boo hoo hoo! :(
(violins playing) :biggrin:

I was out riding when it was 35 here a few days ago, and I still would be except for the snow we've gotten since. (dammit)
I doubt we'll see 50 again for TWO MONTHS!!

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I got in an after lunch ride today. Not quite 60º but I did see 56º on my dash display.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rode today myself. A bit chilly this morning, but quite nice on the way home.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's all in what you are used to. I've lived in Florida most my life. When I'm anywhere that there is no humidity for a period of time it messes me up bad. Hair will be a mess, dry skin, and even nose bleeds. My body is used to all that moisture in the air.

And the thought of not being able to ride year round! I get grumpy if I can't get out for a ride after just a couple of weeks!

·
On The Road Again!
3,845 Posts
I get grumpy if I can't get out for a ride after just a couple of weeks!
LOL!! Me too! That's why I hate winter! So far this year we've been having
a very mild winter and I've been taking advantage of it.
I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop....you know, the weatherman announcing that we'll be getting a foot of snow! Arrrggghhh!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts