Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's I'm relatively a very very new rider from Malaysia, here in Malaysia for Class B2 bikes I Cannot ride any bike above 250CC.

Right now I'm actually riding my uncles old SYM to commute for work. And I'll be collecting my very first bike from the showroom on the 31st of December 2019.

As in Malaysia when you are learning how to ride a bike. All the bike is below 250CC and it's all semi auto bikes.

Right now I've purchased My R15 V3 2019 and it's the first time ever that I'll be riding a bike with clutch any tips/advise?

And I don't know is there any R15 Rider out there I just wanted to check where could I mount a phone holder on my R15?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I do have a bag with me. But I need the phone on my bike as I'm not familiar with the roads in Malaysia. As I've just moved back recently from Singapore. Lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Best way to learn the roads is to go out and get lost a few times. Put away the electronics, open your eyes and explore.

As for the clutch advise, you will just need to get a feel for it. Go to an open parking lot and just start and stop over and over again. On flat ground most bikes can start moving just using the clutch by itself, no throttle. I’m pretty sure you will kill the engine a few times both starting and stopping but that is how we learn. After you have mastered the flat start you should try hill starts. Again find a safe place out of traffic that has a slight grade and put yourself at the bottom and practice. Use the rear brake to hold you and use the clutch/throttle together to get you moving... then stop and start over. Then find a hill steeper than your starter hill, and go again. With practice you will get it and a hill will be no issue what so ever.

Good luck and stay safe.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey guy's I'm relatively a very very new rider from Malaysia, here in Malaysia for Class B2 bikes I Cannot ride any bike above 250CC.
Welcome.

Right now I've purchased My R15 V3 2019 and it's the first time ever that I'll be riding a bike with clutch any tips/advise?
Like R&D says, find a quiet car park and practice. Learning to use a clutch is easier
if you have a good understanding of what it does and why you need it.

Do you have mandatory rider training in Malaysia? If not, you should invest in
a few lessons.

And I don't know is there any R15 Rider out there I just wanted to check where could I mount a phone holder on my R15?
I'm inclined to agree with bpe. Don't worry about the phone.
Keep your eyes on the road and stay safe. Malaysia has a very poor road
safety record.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts