Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded it in on a 2007 VTX 1800 with 3500 miles on it. Not picking it up for a couple weeks though, getting new tires, exhaust, engine guards, and windshield put on first. If anyone needs perfect exhaust, let me know, I'm not taking it unless someone wants to pay shipping on it.
Out with the old.

In with the new, but a year older.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Nice!

What were the deciding factors in your decision? Or did you cover that in another thread?
Traded it in on a 2007 VTX 1800 with 3500 miles on it. Not picking it up for a couple weeks though, getting new tires, exhaust, engine guards, and windshield put on first. If anyone needs perfect exhaust, let me know, I'm not taking it unless someone wants to pay shipping on it.
Out with the old.

In with the new, but a year older.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been looking at them for a while, it's been 16 months with the same bike, time to move on and I saw the VTX on the internet this morning, so the rest of the story just falls into place, along with a great deal from the dealer. It also has over 20,000 miles less on it.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Those VTX 1800's are darn good machines but a tad top heavy for some. You might never notice with the Victory though. Do you plan on leaving like it is or adding you're own touch to it?

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those VTX 1800's are darn good machines but a tad top heavy for some. You might never notice with the Victory though. Do you plan on leaving like it is or adding you're own touch to it?
Cobra Speedster slashdown pipes., on order. Those are going to be installed before I pick it up, I don't want to mess with a broken bolt in the head, just my luck.

Memphis shades quick release windshield. On order

Chrome engine guards, on order

Grips, not sure what ones yet.

Fuel processor, again, not sure which one, haven't done any research.

May change the seat out, I'm partial to the solo seat.

LED's.

Probably go with the HID headlight.

Then the next thing will be paint and possibly a fairing.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You've gone from an imitation Softail to an Imitation Dyna. :71baldboy:

Joking aside, I think the VTX looks better.
You know Eye, I was looking at a Fatbob that only had a few miles on it, but the wife blew that one when she said it was a great "Girls bike". She said that about the Vegas too.

I'll be okay though, I get a different bike every year to year and a half, maybe the next one will be an HD. I have only had three of them in my life.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^ I agree! :thumbsup:

Congrats! Hope we still have some nice enough days in two weeks so you don't have to wait 'til Spring to ride. :icon_cool:
It will still be here in the spring, since the wife can't ride as much as she wants to, it will probably not get used as much as the last several bikes.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Those bikes look so much better with true duels.:p

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Yeah, I never understood why. Except it's a Honda and you are expecting the sound of a Harley.

Just taking the resonator out helped big time on mine.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Yeah, I never understood why. Except it's a Honda and you are expecting the sound of a Harley.

Just taking the resonator out helped big time on mine.
The 1300 uses a single pin crank, so it sounds pretty close to that of a Harley.
The 1800 uses a dual pin, so it sounds like an atomic fart machine.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Oh yeah. I forgot this was an 1800. Yep, big difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts