Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
18,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Suzi ATV back in 2011. New and it went to work on the ranch. Never once washed the thing but it's nice today so decided to give it a bath. Now this thing was caked in mud from sometime back and about an inch of dust. I remember the thing being green and the the original key fob identifier said King Quad camo. So I thought maybe I was just half right and it had patches of green. To my surprise after getting the caked on mud and dust off I start seeing the color. Just as black as can be. Wife thinks it was green too.

Anyone know if the plastic and/or paint Suzuki uses can fade or morph to black? Did they even have a black model back then? Or did the dealer just grab the first available set of keys because they all take the same key anyway. And it was black and my eyes glazed over green having to shell out so much cash. This key was there when I got it and has never come out. Just parked with key in it since day one. I'm confused on this color thing now. I would have bet money it was green. Strange. Maybe someone traded with me??? :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Sounds like a good chance to get an upgrade to me. Tell the dealer the dang thing changed colors. Worth a shot. :biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
18,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are those that would try I'm sure. I think old age is more the answer unfortunately. Color was not on my list of priorities when I got it. I didn't care what color which looks like that's just what I got. A chameleon. Not! Surely must have been black from the get go. Maybe I should grab a beer or 6 and go look again.:D:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts