Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new bike and I'm on top of the world. I got a 2011 Kawasaki Vaquero with only 1,800 miles on it, it is pretty much brand new and rides like a dream. It is a little harder to maneuver than my Suzuki C50 but after only a couple of hours riding it I feel very comfortable on it, rolling it around is about the only hard part. I got a great deal well under blue book value and this bike is awesome. Now I just have to sell my C50 and as long as I get close to book value I will only be financing a little over $5,000.00 for a great bike and I may be able to pay that off in less than a year.

I had to put a battery on it and I got the oil changed already and I'd like to get a passenger back rest/luggage rack and the aux input but that is the only things I didn't get that I wanted. The aftermarket wind screen is a hair tall for me so I may take it off but everything else about this bike is even better than I expected.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I want a '15, matches my '14 Custom, but I won't be putting stuff on there for a passenger. But I can't buy one until 2017. Of course when the time comes I may end up having to get one made for a passenger.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice. I've seen them at shows and dealers. Man, they are big.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. I've seen them at shows and dealers. Man, they are big.
Yes they are. I didn't realize how much bigger it was than my C50 until I took it for a test ride and it was a little intimidating at first but they ride smooth and I quickly adjusted to the size except when I'm trying to roll it around in a small space. I turned it around in the ladies drive way that I bought it from and I'm a very stalky and muscular guy but it was a chore.

·
8,606 Posts
Very nice and congratulations:)

There are advantages to the weight of a bike and that is a smooth ride that isn't affected much by wind. You'll get used to it.

Isn't that 6th gear something!! 5th and 6th are so high on the Vulcan 1700 series, 6 speed engines that the engine is turning such low rpm's on the highway that the engine will probably last forever.

Have fun and be careful.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Congratulations. You should be able to cut the windshield down to where you need it. There are some YouTube videos that show how but may not show yours specifically. The key is to take you time. You got a good bike. Enjoy!

·
8,606 Posts
www.vulcanforums.com

I wouldn't doubt that if you join this forum (I've been a member since 2012) and ask to see if anyone has a stock size windshield they'd like to get rid of, more than likely someone will give you one.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Good looking bike! Congrats!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice and congratulations:)

There are advantages to the weight of a bike and that is a smooth ride that isn't affected much by wind. You'll get used to it.

Isn't that 6th gear something!! 5th and 6th are so high on the Vulcan 1700 series, 6 speed engines that the engine is turning such low rpm's on the highway that the engine will probably last forever.

Have fun and be careful.

Sam:coffeescreen:
I came on here today to brag on everything you just said. My C50 was only a 5 speed and I constantly kicked the shifter trying to shift into a gear that didn't exist but with this thing omg it is soooo smooth. I got caught in rain and wind today, rain to work and wind on the way home, and wow it rode like a champ. The wind used to blow me around on me C50 and it was gusting bad on the way home like flags fully extended but I felt nothing. :71baldboy:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Nice bike

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,360 Posts
Great looking bike, hope you enjoy it. I suggest picking up a copy of the latest Ride Like A Pro video. It's a great training video for large bike riding techniques by an ex motor cop. Made all the difference in my riding when I stepped up to a large heavy bike. Www.ridelikeapro.com.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts