Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test rode it yesterday & bought it. It's actually a new 2014, zero miles. Not a popular bike here but it is in Europe I've heard. Nimble, smooth, comfortable & torquey. People say "The engine doesn't rev out." Well neither does a Norton, Triumph, BSA, Harley or Japanese cruiser but they sold a few. Anyway, it's red & I feel like a kid with a new toy. Will be selling my Vstrom 650 soon because I learned at 62 I can no longer pick it up when I drop it. Weight is up high, like riding a freakin' giraffe.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
Congrat's Juan, the NC700X is a great bike with very good fuel mileage:grin:

Weight of the NC700X is 474 lbs.

Weight of the Suzuki DL650 V-Strom is 470 lbs.

Enjoy!

Sam:grin:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Test rode it yesterday & bought it. It's actually a new 2014, zero miles. Not a popular bike here but it is in Europe I've heard. Nimble, smooth, comfortable & torquey.
I have put some mileage on the NC750X. As you say, smooth and easy to ride. They
are also very easy on fuel. Unlike some of the other mid-range Hondas, the
NC is made in Japan.

People say "The engine doesn't rev out."
The engine is basically half of a car engine from the Honda Jazz/Fit.
6500RPM redline, good torque at low to mid RPM. A bit low on power
for the weight of the bike. Hopefully the under-stressed engine will
run forever.

Will be selling my Vstrom 650 soon because I learned at 62 I can no longer pick it up when I drop it. Weight is up high, like riding a freakin' giraffe.
The NC weighs about the same, so mind your back if you have to pick
it up. The dummy fuel tank and engine layout will probably give it
a lower COG than the Suzuki.

To avoid embarrassment at the filling station, find out where the
fuel goes before you arrive at the pump :smile:

Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think my 2007 is 490-492 pounds. New ones are lighter. Not much difference but where that weight is sure makes a difference. I always wondered how older & smaller guys than I ride Goldwings & I guess it's that low CG. I'd be riding now but it's raining. Could be worse. Last time I bought a new bike we had 5 days of frozen roads. Rode it home just before the freeze.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike...I think the NC700 is a great bike..I almost bought one a few years back, but did not bite the bullet and sign up for it.

Kind regards,

Old Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts