Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like a useful gadget. Can be hardwired to the bike. I ordered one.

3BR X PWR - External power case for a GoPro Hero 3 & 4.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
All kinds of ways to mount it it. Even on your helmet.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Thanks Luvs2Play:)
I hit the Link, Cool it automatically "Goggled" it for me!! LOL:biggrin:
I did my best Gomer Pyle.....Gooooooollllllyyyyy!!!
I "Assume" this is a camera that can be mounted to a bike??
Regards
Ed
It's a small, light, high definition video camera.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Luvs2Play
I think I am gonna get one of these to attch to my bike, I am curious how good the video will be, sooooo I think Ill get one, mount it on the handlebars turn it on and go for a ride in the mountains :smiley_drinkcoffee:.
Regards
Ed
:71baldboy:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,296 Posts
You really don't care what kind of surface you ride on, do you?

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
The quality of video that can get from a GoPro is astounding, they can work in full HD if that's what your looking for and they are pretty darn tough, will easily survive anything you can do to them on a bike. I used an original version GoPro for years on top of my helmet for whitewater kayaking and except for busting a few cases bouncing on my head down the rocks on the bottom of a river the camera always survived just fine. Mine was stolen 2 years ago but I got a brand new version 4 for Christmas, I only got to use it once on my bike before the bad weather set in but it it's much improved over the original, the low light capability is much improved and so is the case and outer lens.

Here is a 40 minute ride around town on New Years day..speeded up just a bit...
https://youtu.be/DMORyxnHosg

Slightly off topic, but if you ever wondered what it looks like kayaking over a 20 foot waterfall...
https://youtu.be/gesoPMxa0N0?t=42s

Luvs2Play
I think I am gonna get one of these to attch to my bike, I am curious how good the video will be, sooooo I think Ill get one, mount it on the handlebars turn it on and go for a ride in the mountains :smiley_drinkcoffee:.
Regards
Ed
:71baldboy:

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
Personally I would skip the off brand ones to avoid problems and get a real GoPro, they have been making them for quite a while now and have most of the bugs worked out.
They have a range of products, read about them here
http://gopro.com/
My new one is a Hero4 Silver, which actually does more than I need, but my wife bought it for me ,even the basic ones like the Session will most do more than most of us will use. If I still had my original Hero I wouldn't have replaced it, but some SOB stole it from my car.

Hey Luvs2Play
I looked on Amazon, saw everything from this seeming beginners model all the way up to $400 models. So, my question is.....is this less expensive model ok??
Thanks
Ed

GeekPro 12MP 2.0 inch WIFI Full HD 1080P Sports Camera Bundle, Black (16 Items)
by GEEKPRO

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Personally I would skip the off brand ones to avoid problems and get a real GoPro, they have been making them for quite a while now and have most of the bugs worked out.
They have a range of products, read about them here
http://gopro.com/
My new one is a Hero4 Silver, which actually does more than I need, but my wife bought it for me ,even the basic ones like the Session will most do more than most of us will use. If I still had my original Hero I wouldn't have replaced it, but some SOB stole it from my car.
Thanks Mike
I dont want to spend a lot on one as I dont know how much I would use it.
Regards
Ed

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
There are a lot of Chinese knock-offs for less. I guess the quality would vary quite a bit. It would be a good idea to check ratings on Amazon or something before buying.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I mounted the GoPro case. Just need to do some testing and then finish the wiring.

The GoPro view -

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Just scroll up. It's a ram mount. But here it is since you didn't.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
USB GoPro case power cord installed. Hardwired to the battery.

Gadgets installed - GoPro, GPS, Spot Tracker, BrakeAway throttle lock and Cramp Buster.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts