Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I made a trade. I added a 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, florescent lime green with dark green flames, blacked out(some flat some shiny) and a upgraded seat with 5 yr warranty.

Gave up the 04 883C and 09 C50

Made the offer Tuesday, talked to him today, negotiated, and we both walked away happy.

They delivered it to me today and picked up the 2 bikes, I rode to the insurance agent and back home about 3 miles round trip, my son came home and took off on it.

My brother hasn't seen the Classic yet so I rode it and my son rode the Custom to my brothers. After we got back I took the custom out for ride. It handles around curves(I haven't pushed it) smooth like the Yamaha and better around town.

On the downside, I'm not going to put a windshield on it so I will have to wear a helmet with faceshield or keep the speed down.

My son likes it too, looks like when I have the Yamaha paid for it will get traded in on a 900 Custom.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the "stock upgrade" seat(thats what the dealer calls them), I don't know if this actually more comfortable than the stock or not, I've sit in both, this one has gel and flame stitch, so I went with it.

The classic also has the stock upgrade seat for a 2010 classic, best picture is at top of pg 44 of What did you do with your bike today. It is definitely more comfortable than the stock '10 classic seat. It also has the Vulcan emblem.

We did go out yesterday after work, "my son was on the Custom" is something that will be common. We went around Brown Ridge, I was on the classic with wife on back so we didn't go fast. Son likes the Custom better than the Stryker, and the Stryker is a sweet ride, smooth easy to handle but not great in town. I think the Custom will go thru curves faster than the Stryker and just as easy to handle(maybe easier).

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
It's an old superstition or wives' tail that's been around bike circles for many, many years. I'm not superstitious, nor an old wife, so I can't pass it on to you. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
The color green for motorsports, cars, motorcycles, for many years was "bad luck".

It is rumored to have started when the british racing cars were green and met with a lot of bad luck.

This has since been proved wrong with so many green cars and motorcycles on the racing circuit.

Besides, the Big K has always been green.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's an old superstition or wives' tail that's been around bike circles for many, many years. I'm not superstitious, nor an old wife, so I can't pass it on to you. :)
Well that wasn't too hard to Google :p

Supposedly, a green painted motorcycle is bad luck. The legend has it that the Harleys used in World War II were often sitting duck targets, and many military riders got their butts blasted off them. And since they were painted Army green, it eventually translated into modern folklore.
Nice looking bike anybike :icon_cool:

If you ever consider adding a windshield, grab something like a Memphis Shades sportshield. I bought the "pop top" model for my Raider, mostly because I didn't want one of those huge classic "riot shields" on it, I wanted something small enough to go almost unnoticed while still assisting in highway comfort. Those sportshields fill the bill! I don't have a good photo of the 1 I bought (yet)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't see how an Army green motorcycle would be a sitting duck target. I can see pearl white, or florescent lime green being an easy to see target.

I'll keep the windshield in mind........but now it will be my son deciding. And I'm back to the Stryker. I might decide to put a bigger windshield on the Stryker, I have the little Yamaha Boulevard windshield on it now and it does real good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts