Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a good bike, I've enjoyed it more than anyone that it was bought for, my son rode it 3 times and he quickly moved up to the Stryker. Wife won't ride it, she wants a twist and go.........actually I don't think she wants to ride, she wanted to get her license to say she did.

The Buell is gone tomorrow..........and I'll be picking up my first ever Kawasaki.

2010 Vulcan 900

And like the Honda Fury it is far better looking in person

http://www.gatewaycycles.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=153560&pov=3843543

I took it for a little ride, I was hoping he would take it outside but he said go for it........so first I'm going to push it but I can't get any traction on that tile floor, and I have supposedly no slip soles. So I get on and ride it out with both feet down, it felt much better once I got to concrete.

This thing is pretty quick, it might even beat my Sportster, definitely faster than the C50. Seemed to handle good too, didn't go out and hit the curves.

I've got all kinds of ideas of what I might want to do to and with this bike........my wife left today for SF and when she gets back it will probably be turned into the bike I ride her around on........she won't know until she sees it.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
We just got rid of the wife's 900, she had it three years but only rode it two and put 40,000 trouble free miles on it. The last year it just sat because she bought a Raider. I rode it a few times to work to keep everything working, but decided to let it go.

I should say there was one thing break on it, the rear fender support busted and the fender came loose. Was an easy fix and cost less than $200.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
OK, so you wrote off the 900 Kawi. What do you propose to get her for her next bike, an Indian Scout maybe? They seem to have very nice ergonomics and plenty of power for her to play with.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Twist-and-go sounds like one step above a wind-up bike :D

My wife too is thinking of her next bike upgrade from the current '99 Virago 1100, and the 900 Vulcan is on the list.

She's getting sick & tire of fiddling with the Virago's choke during morning start-up LOL

She's also looking HEAVILY at the new Indian Scout!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She can do gears, she just doesn't wanna.

And she's 53yo and just got her license, been riding on the back for 30yrs.

A kid(well I guess he's about 25 now but I knew him when he was a youngin) down the street has a 600 twist and go and told me yesterday he's thinking about selling it, have to see if it will fit her.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
My son just got a Blast as his first bike. He does not plan on keeping it long, but it will be a good bike to gain experience on.

Got it from a HD dealer, was one of their training bikes. Seems like it is pretty good shape for a training bike.

Anybike... Got any blast parts you want to unload?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks like a scooter. Honda makes a 300 scooter that fits her. Honda makes ctx700 and 1300 both look like motorcycles and are automatic......2 automatic modes(I guess one is sport and the other is gas saving) and a manual mode.....clutchless manual mode.

So far the only twist and go that fits her is the Honda 300 I believe it is called Forza.

Everything I had went with the bike.......wasn't much

Try www.buellparts.net they have alot of more common parts, but alot they don't have. Your local Harley dealer can get about any part until they are no longer in stock(thats the bad thing about owning a Buell)

If if if you ever need a sidestand sensor(kickstand sensor) it is $80 at Harley, do a google and find used for $20, there are tons of used Buell Blast parts out there.

I suggest bar end mirrors, these( http://www.leatherup.com/p/Cruiser-Motorcycle-Mirrors/BikeMaster-Folding-Bar-End-Mirrors/180237.html ) are slightly wide angle and really only need 1 but they are sold in pairs. As I learned on this board, when installing put a couple wraps of electrical tape then cut it along the slots, this makes a tighter fit and reduces vibration. There are several allen head screws for tightening, get the mirror where you need it then crank down, the mirror will stay in place.

And Ralph, under no circumstances do you get on the bike, it is way too much fun.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the way to MtSterling, on the Buell I refuse to get on the interstate, the trip goes from 30 to 45miles, road closed now 53 miles with alot of straight, I already knew I didn't like going over 30 min at a time on the bike and I knew I didn't like riding it straight, but now I know I really don't like riding it straight at 45mph AARRRRRGGG

Rode the Vulcan back, different route, no windshield so no getting on the interstate. It has an upgraded Vulcan seat($250), has a better shape than the stock and has gel, wifes seat is huge. Not the best seat in the world but probably the best I've set in for $250.

I took it easy thru the curves because I don't know the bike yet, shouldn't take long. Feels a bit more stable thru the curves than the C50(which isn't bad either). It definitely handles different from the C50, maybe the difference in 5.5 inches trail(C50) and 6.3 inches trail(Vulcan)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts