Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good websites for buying gear? The only one I know of right now is motorcycle-superstore.com.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I'm looking for more of the vented textile stuff, since it is so hot right now. I live in Alabama. What I'm going to buy now is:
-Riding gloves
-Well ventilated, quiet, full-faced helmet
-Helmet halo for night riding
-Vented textile jacket with: reinforced and padded areas and reflective strips
-Ventilated riding boots
-Textile pants with reinforced and padded knees and hips

I may replace the pants with the knee/shin guards and some of the slider shorts. Then I could just wear those things under "normal" clothes. We'll see.

If I like riding as much as I think I will, I'll buy some leather stuff for cool weather riding. That will be about four months away for me.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,933 Posts
Try Revzilla. Great to deal with and very easy for returns when needed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey, i am new here and just saw your post.

we have a new web site at cheapfastparts.com

its a new operational site and we are adding products daily. in the meantime, if you want to send me a private message on what your looking for i would love the opportunity to earn your business by offering rock bottom prices and fast shipping. We have warehouses nationwide with over 200,000 parts for motorcycles,atv's etc...

ride safe & if you check out the site your feedback is also appreciated.

chuck

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry for the confusion...the site is new and only has about 4000 products. Another 196,000 to go :) Adding new stuff everyday but we have a ton of specials so if you want to send a private message and tell me what your looking for I can gladly provide pricing info to make sure you get the lowest prices.

thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
133 Posts
To add to that (instead of starting a new thread):

If you dont care about the name on the label but want safe, good quality ventilated textile gear for minimum duckets, what site/brands would you recommend?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you! That's a good question. I saw some "no-name" gear that felt as high in quality as the name brands at a shop the other day, but it wasn't good for summer riding down here. It wasn't ventilated. I need some ventilated stuff while I'm learning.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you! That's a good question. I saw some "no-name" gear that felt as high in quality as the name brands at a shop the other day, but it wasn't good for summer riding down here. It wasn't ventilated. I need some ventilated stuff while I'm learning.
I did come across a site that has some cheap gear (alot of which has reviews from people who have purchased it). Worth checking out for sure, but its tough to say what the quality will actually be like till its in your hands.

www jafrum com

I see a few jackets on there that look pretty good. And plenty for under $75 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ton of good sites. Ton of good products.

So many good products and each one has its own specialty and personality. From experience, I do find that more expensive gear last longer and holds up better in a critical situation. Especially when your dealing with a vented textile/mesh.

I would surf a lot of the web sites mentioned and look for specials. There are a lot of specials right now on Nolan's, Firstgear and select Arai's.

Once you find something you like, give em a buzz or an email ~ you might catch someone who is in a warm and fuzzy mood and capture additional savings.

chuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts