Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never owned a headband flashlight before, but my buddy and i need some good ones to search in a poorly lit warehouse in what amounts to a surplus going out of business tag sale. There are millions of dollars of old inventory here, so anything that makes it easier is worth the effort to have.

Right now at Lowe's and other retailers, they are selling Energizer Vision Hd 150 lumen lED headlights for under $15. The lights are super bright lED and may operate on one, two, or three bulbs. In addition, the three bulb mode is also able to be electronically dimmed from 100% to 10%, a feature that does not interest me.

I planned to buy the 80 lumen model for $11, but this model was $14 with an $8 rebate. Look for the yellow rebate tag on the package. Supposed run time in reduced light is 50 hours or 8 hours at full blast. Not bad for the three [included AAA batteries. And all for $7 after rebate

Lowes has 4 different Energizer lights, but this is the one described.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_665650-346-ECR2430___

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
That sounds like a great buy will have to check my local store out.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
I like hand-helds..........just got my "Coast PX25" yesterday!! I get the "hands free" aspect of a headset light of course....

-soupy

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
I've got a headlight that snaps onto the brim of a cap. Handy for a LOT of things... dimly lit storage areas, working in tight spots, power outages, etc... the list goes on and on. I gave a headlight (with headband) to all my kids and grandkids for a stocking-stuffer gift and they all love 'em.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like hand-helds..........just got my "Coast PX25" yesterday!! I get the "hands free" aspect of a headset light of course....

-soupy
I had a Coast and they are decent quality, but I hated mine. The push button switch would turn on in my pocket and drain the batteries. Glad to see that yours has an end button switch. Be careful, Soupy. 208 lumens could put your eye out!

My knockabout flashlights are the free with coupon stuff from Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would hate my Coast too, if I used it as a pocket light! I find it ideal as a nightstand light, and I have used mine in that role for about seven or eight years. Three AAA batteries last a LONG time, even with nightly use.

I had a Coast and they are decent quality, but I hated mine. The push button switch would turn on in my pocket and drain the batteries. Glad to see that yours has an end button switch. Be careful, Soupy. 208 lumens could put your eye out!

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts

Gave my seven year old grandson his first "real tool" (flashlight) and he loved it! Shined it in his eyes by mistake on the second day he had it. No long-lasting affect, but a lesson learned!!

-Soupy

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
I had one there myself but it was for nailing ***** in trees at night. But every time I went to use it the dang batteries were dead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts