Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas.
From the North East here, New Jersey.
Is fall season and cold (not cold as winter but still motorcycle friendly)
I am looking for riding gloves for this type of weather, 40 F and UP
Definitely NOT riding in winter.
Any recommendations?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I'm getting old and decrepit, if its under sixty degrees, I need a pair of gauntlets. don't have to be expensive, just something to cut the wind. Ripped the cuff on my cheapies ($15), fixed them with black duct tape. No ones ever noticed. :)

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
High thirties are easy enough. 33 and down requires different gear. Find the warmest gloves you can. Mittens are warmer than finger gloves, but you lose the touch. A cheap pair of cotton or wool or something mittens, inside your warm gloves works. So get oversize gloves and make sure you can get your hands in with the mittens on. A pair of rain covers also helps. Outdoor place like Cabelas, or a snow mobile store, and or a bicycle store should have what you need. It is often damp when it is cold, so rubber boots with felt lining can work. Long Johns and other under clothes, and switch to a wooley / pullover. Decent rain pants and jacket, over the top of sweat pants and other stuff. pile it on. You will always be cold with a half helmet. Lots of scarves or neck socks pulled up over your nose, with a minimum of a 3/4 helmet. Full face are warmer, but you will likely need to crack the front window a bit.

Bon chance. UK

·
Warning: Mood change in 3... 2... 1...
284 Posts
Lined leather gloves work for me down to 55 (even 50 for a short ride). Got some snowmobile mittens into which I put those open-and-shake charcoal hand heaters and those work to keep the hands warm but as mentioned they're clumsy on the bars. I keep meaning to make some hippo-hands things or even just brush guards to keep the wind off the hands, but still haven't gotten a round tuit.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I am looking for riding gloves for this type of weather, 40 F and UP
Definitely NOT riding in winter.
Any recommendations?
I'm not very "cold resistant" and have found these - https://www.motosport.com/scorpion-tempest-gloves - to work well down to 40 or so for shorter rides.

The gloves that Hog linked look nice and have the option for 200 g of thinsulate... uh, yes, please! :)

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,458 Posts
I have Gerbing's heated gloves and jacket liner for 10 years. Nothing beats real heated gear.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,984 Posts
I buy the majority of my motorcycle gear, of all kinds, from Revzilla. Good folks to deal with and excellent customer service, including easy returns or exchanges for a different size item. If you go to their website you will find a huge selection of winter riding gloves. I always seem to have cold hands, so I start wearing heavy leather gauntlet gloves once the temps drop below about 60 degrees. I have some pairs that have a zippered compartment in the gauntlet where a rain cover is included. Not only will this protect the leather from the rain, but when it gets really cold unexpectedly, adding the rain cover makes the gloves much, much warmer. If you can find deerskin gloves, they have the added advantage of being able to get wet, even soaked, and will return to being soft and usable when they dry out, unlike other leathers which might be ruined if they get wet even once.

Reactions: Doc Samson

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
For cold, really cold riding get a pair of gauntlets that are big enough you can wear another pair of gloves inside them. It's like any where else on you, layer up.
For really cold riding the only thing that really works is to completely block all wind getting to your hand with the use of products like Hippo Hands. Many companies make similar products now but they were the first that I'm aware of and still the best.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
For really cold riding the only thing that really works is to completely block all wind getting to your hand with the use of products like Hippo Hands. Many companies make similar products now but they were the first that I'm aware of and still the best.
I use a heated jacket liner and heated gloves. The gloves, on open air grips are good for down into the 30's. Lower than that I have Barkbuster Blizzard guards (similar to the Hippo Hands mentioned by hogcowboy) to protect against the wind chill.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts