Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this scooter sub-forum was just added, and I'm glad to see it. I've been seriously thinking about getting a scooter as a second "bike" this coming spring. Years ago I had a Honda 150 Elite and it was a real blast to ride around town. For me, the scooter was what got me started into motorcycling. The light weight, maneuverability, lack of shifting, etc. made two wheel riding very un-intimidating. So even now, over 30 years later and owning a large cruiser (Triumph Thunderbird) I think having another scooter for zipping around town would be a blast. I'm focused right now on a new Honda PCX 150 which seems the perfect scooter for what I want. Any thoughts on this choice?

·
6,509 Posts
Good choice if you aren't a big guy. I've had them all small to large and I'd suggest a 250 to start.

Sam:)

2013 Kymco Xciting 500 RI ABS 2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

2012 Goldwing

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some specific reasons?

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems close enough that I would want to test ride both scoots. Being 5'8", the seat height might be a factor as well. For both brands it would mean dealing with a dealership that I am unfamiliar with, so until I have some first hand experience with them, that is not a factor. Thanks for the link; it was quite helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts