Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, my name is Brad. I live in upstate New York state and have ridden bikes most of my life from my first mini bike at 6 to my beautiful '08 gsxr 750 black and orange edition. I grew up in the country and rode dirt bikes and three wheelers most of my childhood. I got my first ( kinda) road bike at age 15 which was a kdx250. It spent most of its time in fields and trails on my way to work and school. I moved to west Tennessee after graduating and got my first real sport bike, a mid ninetys model katana 600. I wrecked that trying to get away from a tornado and spent most the years between then and now on older bikes, quads and dual sports. I have a few children and a beautiful lady in my life and we are a pretty active family year round. I have worked at the same ski resort here for 12 years and my fiancee and two of my children also work there in different parts of the facility. I am super stoked to put some miles on my newest bike and I look forward to growing with the knowledge I can gain from my motorcycle brethren and sisters here. Thanks in advance for your information and acceptance of my input.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I love riding in upstate NY. 2 years ago we vacationed on the bike for 19 days. We rode hard from St. Louis, MO to the NY state line then explored the Catskills and Adirondacks. We rode up to Rouse's Point and then headed back along the Great Lakes Seaway Trail. It is so beautiful up there. We were really surprised that there was so much farmland. We didn't see a WalMart or McDonalds and only 1 or 2 grocery stores in 6 days of riding.

·
American Legion Rider
21,088 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the Forum. I love riding in upstate NY. 2 years ago we vacationed on the bike for 19 days. We rode hard from St. Louis, MO to the NY state line then explored the Catskills and Adirondacks. We rode up to Rouse's Point and then headed back along the Great Lakes Seaway Trail. It is so beautiful up there. We were really surprised that there was so much farmland. We didn't see a WalMart or McDonalds and only 1 or 2 grocery stores in 6 days of riding.
Absolutely, we have more than enough Wal-Marts and stuff but even I get surprised sometimes at how spread out urban areas can be up here. I love the farms especially when you can smell all natural scents wafting in the wind. I don't however like getting stuck behind a tractor with a honey wagon on my bike. It tends to mess up the road. Thanks y'all!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,785 Posts
Welcome aboard, spent a week ridding around the finger lakes last summer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts