Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My finacee rides a 2015 Street 500 with about 4500 miles. She's the second owner. Earlier this week, the rear cylinder stopped firing while I was riding it. I limped it home about 5 miles. Turns out that the rear plug went bad, even though it wasn't burnt or worn; it just wouldn't spark.

Here's the thing, though: the plug was a Champion. Do you think Harley really shipped these bikes with Champion plugs? If not, this was the second replacement plug in a 3-year old bike with 4500 miles on it. What would cause that fast a burn out rate for spark plugs?

I'm trying to figure out if there is an electrical problem.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Interesting. Have you tried calling your local HD dealership and asking what plug they are shipped with?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will Monday. A guy on a Harley Street Facebook group just posted that these bikes did ship with Champions. If so, I'll probably just chalk it up to that. Next up, planning when I'm going to lift the tank to replace the front one...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.