Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, due to the growth of the VJMC I have decided to participate. I have just picked up a ’67 Yamaha YCS1 and a ’78 KZ1000. I will lightly restore both and show and ride and try to create interest in the Jacksonville, Fl. area. Ultimately I am interested in a decent Suzuki GT380 or GT550. I am the parts manager at Beach Blvd Motorsports in Jacksonville, a dealer for Yamaha and Suzuki so I will focus most of my attention on Yamaha and Suzuki models. Should be fun.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,843 Posts
Welcome aboard. you should have an advantage finding parts :)

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Peachy

I might fit right in at your store.
In my sheds are a: 79 XS11 Yamaha, 83 XS400 DOHC Yamaha, and a 006 SV1000s Suzuki. All running peachy.

Do you guys put synthetic oil in the SV1000?
Got a set of Yoshimura mufflers cheap?

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Welcome from the Hills of East Tennessee!!
I am lucky to have a 1975 Kawasaki Z 900!
Damn fast bikes for being 40+ years old!!
Ed

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Hey, l am curious...what are the guidelines/criteria for a bike being "Vintage"...in other words, what are people allowed to ride?

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Vintage

Hey, l am curious...what are the guidelines/criteria for a bike being "Vintage"...in other words, what are people allowed to ride?
In BC we can get collector plates for vehicles 25 and over. I think vintage is 30.
The benefit of the collector plate is cheaper insurance. But usage is limited to pleasure, and another vehicle must also be insured at normal rates. I use the XS400 as the other vehicle.
We have been getting screwed by ICBC since day one, which was 1972.
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Yeah, l figured it was something like that. But what l really meant was, to be in his club...l think VJMC stands for "Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club"

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Gotta love those old bikes! My 1985 Yamaha Maxim 700 is so much fun to ride.

Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts