Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... to light my first of eight Hanukkah candles! So, Happy Hanukkah to any fellow Jews!

And, for my Christian brothers as you come up on Christmas, I thought you might enjoy this...

As always, be safe out there!

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Thank you Doc.
We will be enjoying Festovus for the rest of us. Happy hour all day 24 December at a local pub.
Happy hour Monday afternoon at Shirley's place, and Christmas / winter solstice dinner 25 December.

UK

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will be enjoying Festovus for the rest of us.
Ah, yes, I have something for you, too! Here's hoping you enjoy your "Airing of Grievances, both great and small!!!"

🤣

·
Visionary
2,991 Posts
Happy Chanukah
Merry Christmas
Wonderful Kwanzaa
Joyous Festivus
Blessed Winter Solstice
and a Marvelous anything else you celebrate
to everyone in this forum!

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts
Happy Chanukah
Merry Christmas
Wonderful Kwanzaa
Joyous Festivus
Blessed Winter Solstice
I think that just about covers it. 👍👍👍
Consider the same from my household, with prayers for safe travels for all. Whether that’s from one room to another or across the country. 🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Happy Chanukah
Merry Christmas
Wonderful Kwanzaa
Joyous Festivus
Blessed Winter Solstice
So, a couple of questions for any of you because, having worked with students/families for most of my professional career (going on 30 years), I've met exactly ONE family that I was aware of who celebrated Kwanzaa. Is that still a "thing"? Have you ever known anyone who really celebrated it?

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Kwanzaa. Never heard of it, so I checked. Another " one " dumped on this time of year. This time of year being the winter solstice, that has required some form of celebration for a very long time. Y'all notice the days are getting longer.

Possibly more folks are aware of Festivus for the Restofus..

Next up after the new year, is Shirley's BD on the sixteenth, then Auckland anniversary and my mother's BD, on the thirty oneth of January, then Waitangi Day on 06 February, and the Vancouver Boat Show around the same date.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts
Had to look up your Waitangi Day there, UK. Dared if this site isn't going full international.

·
Visionary
2,991 Posts
I think Kwanzaa was a bigger thing a while back, I really haven't heard it mentioned much recently, but it popped in my head when I was coming up with that list.

But that's OK, celebrate anything you enjoy in any way that brings you joy, that was my message.

So, a couple of questions for any of you because, having worked with students/families for most of my professional career (going on 30 years), I've met exactly ONE family that I was aware of who celebrated Kwanzaa. Is that still a "thing"? Have you ever known anyone who really celebrated it?

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Anyone know an easy site for sending an E Christmas card?
A couple of guests for last night's happy hour, injected rum in to the Christmas cake.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts
You want to thank them or send a nasty-gram?

Here's one that works fairly easy.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Best part of the day today, all the family at the dinner table. Worst part of the day today, ate too much so pie, cake and ice cream will have to wait a while.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Still a few hours away for us. Turkey goes in oven soon. First guests about four hours away. Sidney Hobart Yacht Race starts at 1300 Boxing Day, Ozz time. 1800 today left coast time.
Always room pie and ice cream in the hidden corners of the tummy.

UK

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Cake, pie and ice cream still tastes good even after a couple hours of physically demanding, aerobic digesting. :LOL:
Nothing beats fresh and hot out of the oven, but the microwave doesn't hurt for a little re-heating. :sneaky:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts