Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the mistake of going to my brother in law's Old Timer's motocross races last weekend. Yep, I got the bug. The guy next to us in the pits had a second bike with him for sale. It's a 2015 YZF250, completely stock. It has about 20 hours on it and is like new. I'm super excited about this chapter of my life.

Attachments

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
Good for you, you are picking up some hobbies.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Yes, but that saddle is for shifting around. It leaves the pegs to do the majority of work. But yes, enjoy.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good for you, you are picking up some hobbies.
Yes!!! TBH motocross has been something I always thought would be fun, but very intimidating to me. After watching it, I decided that I can do it. There are people in the novice class that I can ride with

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
Not long after arriving here with my 68 350 Kawasaki, I bought a Rickman MX bike with a 125 Zundapp motor, and raced it at the moto cross tracks. I had been to the MX races in Hawaii, but did not ride. My first ride was on a borrowed 250 CZ in the Portland area. Many of the road race guys road in the dirt. I never did that well at MX. My main race bike blew up in 74, so I decided to race in some cross country events. Toughest thing I have ever done. First race, 142 starters, 39 finishers. These races were so tough, that every fisher gets a trophy of some sort. My first goal was to finish which I did on my very fast 250 CanAm. My next goal was to finish in the top ten, which I did on my TL250 Honda with many mods.

UK

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
Top photo shows Yami in the position where Noddy was parked, and the white car where the crasher was parked. He should have backed away from Noddy to get out, the same way he came in.

The other photo shows Greater Kamloops Motorcycle Association Cross Country 1975. Got that for finishing. At a very difficult race on the Honda, I was running close to the leaders, and trying to pass a couple, when I crashed in the snow and busted the clutch lever. The finish was about 2 miles down the trail, which I made, but further down the order.
The other trophy says Kelowna Cross Country, 78, 4th-250. The bike that out dragged me to the finish was a 400, and he came 3rd in his class. So I was 7th overall.

Short answer to your question: Yes. It often provides the best riding possible, as the terrain is all natural, other than the logging, or access roads.

UK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts