Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
As I took the test in Maryland and passed around thirty five years ago I don't remember the questions but they were very basic and the driving test wasn't very difficult either. Over those years I understand the requirements have become more stringent both for cars and bikes, perhaps rightfully so. That said other countries seem to make it more difficult to get a license and possibly require some sort of retest to renew a license. Here in the good ole USA as soon as you have a license you can go out and buy or ride a Suzuki Hayabusa or something like it without any real experience. Maybe the advice from some on this forum to start on a 250cc bike should be required before moving up in size. I believe in Japan that is the law with a tiered license system in which you ride a small displacement bike for a certain amount of time then have to pay a higher license fee to move up to a bigger bike with a certain amount of experience.

·
American Legion Rider
18,516 Posts
Sounds like the liberals have taken over there too doesn't it Eye! Or is that the way it works there?

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
It's getting worse and worse. There used to be at least some common sense there, but I haven't been back in a few years, so it's probably gone to heck too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts