Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently going through a living hell (extreme exhaustion) and if anyone can assist me, then your help will not be taken for granted. These are the facts.

1) I need to have a vehicle. It is an absolute necessity in the same way that being able to take showers and brush my teeth is an absolute necessity.

2) This past Saturday (on 12/13/14) I purchased a Genuine Buddy 125. The aforementioned vehicle had gotten its battery replaced on 7/10/2014.

3) I had to kickstart it to testdrive it since the owner had been out of state for a long time (keeping it in storage drained the battery). All of the maintenance was up to date and it had always been 100 percent reliable.

4) To ship the vehicle to where I live, I paid an acquaintance to cram it into the back of his minivan. We had to put the vehicle onto its side to make it fit through the backdoor. We then had to make the motorcycle upright for shipping because the stench of gasoline filled the interior of the minivan.

5) We squeezed the upright motorcycle through the side door to get it out. When I turned the ignition switch to the ON position I received no response from the electrical system.

6) I put the battery on the trickle charger overnight and when I went to bed, the flashing light indicated that battery was greater than 80 percent charged.

7) As of Sunday afternoon (long after I had woken up) the light was still flashing. The device is always charging, but never fully charged.

8) As of this morning (it is Monday today) I still receive no response from the electrical system when I place the ignition switch into the ON position. The electrical system remains in a drug-induced coma.

9) Not one mechanic is answering his phone right now, nor has any mechanic texted me back when I have tried to text him/her.

10) I spent well over three hours walking to the public library just so that I could have access to the internet. I feel so exhausted it is difficult even to type these words.

11) The public transportation in suburbia is a pathetic joke. My basic human need for transportation does not come to an end just because my motorcycle is in a drug-induced coma. Any help is appreciated.

C

·
0 Posts
Well, your 1st red flag was number three. With me, any red flags mean no deal. By avoiding number three you could have avoided everything else so I will not even comment on those.

However, putting a motorcycle on its side for transport is never a good idea. When you transport, think of more logical ways to do so.

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
Have the battery tested at an Autozone, Batteries Plus or Advanced Auto, or similar store. Most do it for free. That will confirm or eliminate it as the problem and save a lot of guesswork.

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
I am not familiar with a Genuine Buddy 125, but if it uses a battery that has caps (for topping up water), then it also has a drain hose. Transporting the bike on its side may have added more then just gas to your buddies mini-van. Your battery may have leaked acid and is cell-dead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed a new battery and the Taiwanese built scooter is now running even better than it ran when I test drove it. The issue has now been resolved.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
That's great news John! Keep us updated on how well it treats you!

Oh, and one more thing...$14.99 will buy you a great little battery tender from CycleGear, and you should get long life out of it.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Well,John, if you are still out there, good luck to you. After reading your 11 total posts over a couple of years involving two different motorcycles not running right---well it seems to me that you are struggling quite a bit.
I would suggest that you use dansmc.com as a general reference for some of the simple problems that you might encounter with your bike. When you have to walk to the library to communicate with us and walk there again to see if anyone can help out, that tugs at my conscience a bit. I complain at how hard life can be for my situation, but I am blessed at how good things really are. So if dans can save you an extra trip to the library, that is a good thing.

Of course,you are always welcome here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts