Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off the cluch lever and brake lever to paint them from silver to black on my Suzuki. I followed a youtube tutorial, since i had never done it before. And it was actually simpler than i thought. But now that i am done, the bike wont go into gear.
I have not touched any setting things on the lever. Is it some sort of fail safe or something?

·
American Legion Rider
25,898 Posts
It would sure be nice and appreciated, if you would introduce yourself to the community in the New Member Introduction forum. Folks tend to open up more if they believe they know someone just a little bit. 👍

Try rocking the bike back and forth while trying to shift.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,479 Posts
Clutch cable hooked up? Is the clutch cable sitting in it's adjuster housing properly, and properly adjusted?

If hydraulic clutch, did you lose the plunger that the lever depresses?

Don't know which style you have as you only specify Suzuki.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,502 Posts
It is always great when it is something simple and cost nothing to fix.

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
That happens to me every time I get on someone else bike or take a test ride, my bikes don't have kickstand switches unlike so many others.

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
That happens to me every time I get on someone else bike or take a test ride, my bikes don't have kickstand switches unlike so many others.
I sometimes have the opposite problem. After riding the bike with the safety switch a lot, riding the one without can result in riding off with the stand down; it can be quite jarring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts