Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just bought a Hyosung GT650R and I'm experiencing some problems with shifting into neutral.

Bought the bike from a close friend who dropped it, a part of the gear lever to break off. I have replaced the lever but I'm struggling to get the bike into neutral.

When the engine is off, the gears are smooth as hell and seemless - but when I'm riding, it's a hell of a mission to not skip neutral and when the bike stands still it's difficult to switch to 2nd as well.

Any pointers as to what may be causing this?

The fact that I can easily go through all the gears while the engine is off is what boggles me.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Some bikes this can be an issue. Try shifting to neutral while still rolling. Best done from 2nd sometimes versus 1st. It's a feel kinda thing that you'll get with practice.

EDIT: Also if you end up stopping, rather than continue holding the clutch in, release and pull back in and shift again. It might slip out easier.

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
Just some general hints, nothing specific to your bike.

When running my bike refuses to go into Neutral from 1, it just won't do it, always ends up in 2. From 2 to N is easy though, just takes a light touch on the shifter. Once I learned this I can always find neutral if I want it.
My procedure...While slowing to a stop I downshift all the way to 1, then I'm ready to roll again, but if I want Neutral I go back up to 2 then lightly shift down to N. The odd thing is that my wife rides the same bike and her's can easily go into neutral either way...I guess they vary or mine has some quirk I'm just used to dealing with.

I'm not sure what you mean about tough to get into 2nd standing still, what happens? It wont go from 1-2? Doesn't that mean you end up in neutral? Which is what you were trying to do? Or is it stuck in 1? Try letting the bike move a bit with the clutch and the shifting with that tiny bit of motion.

Hi guys

Just bought a Hyosung GT650R and I'm experiencing some problems with shifting into neutral.

Bought the bike from a close friend who dropped it, a part of the gear lever to break off. I have replaced the lever but I'm struggling to get the bike into neutral.

When the engine is off, the gears are smooth as hell and seemless - but when I'm riding, it's a hell of a mission to not skip neutral and when the bike stands still it's difficult to switch to 2nd as well.

Any pointers as to what may be causing this?

The fact that I can easily go through all the gears while the engine is off is what boggles me.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Make sure your clutch cable is adjusted properly and you're getting full clutch disengagement.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If it slips into all the other gears ok, you may have new gear syndrome(it is new and still kind of sticky)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts