Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Suzuki C90T. The one issue that I will be fixing is the gas gauge. I know there are conditions that make mileage vary, but since it's new to me, about what kind of miles per gallon can I expect to get?

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured I would go 100 miles at a time at the most for awhile. I've seen word that on these bikes, the fuel sensor float come off and drops into the tank and as long as nobody has messed with it, and it's still in there, you can fish it out and put it back and bend a tang so it won't come off again. I filled it to the cap before I knew about this and I've only put 20 miles on it so I'l just have to wait some more to see.

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
My '99 Goldwing has a gas gauge, but I don't trust it.
I set my trip odometer to zero every time I get gas. When it reads two hundred miles, it's time to get gas.

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be watching it and I won't be going long distance without a stop. I was just looking for a general idea. I didn't know if it would be 70 or 20. I've heard of bikes being way up there in numbers but that probably smaller bikes. Right now it will probably be low because, well, I just like to start it just to listen to it. It 's my bike and I can. (LOL, that's the part of me enjoying not having my ex around to constantly tell me I can't do things like that)

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Like UK, I reset my tripometer at each fill up. Doesn't matter if I'm riding my Yamaha or Harley, at around 120 miles, I start looking for a gas station. Both bikes have fuel guages but I just don't want to put too much trust in them.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,670 Posts
I reset mine and start looking for a gas station around 180 - 200 on the RSTD and about 150 on the Springer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts