Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im about to start riding my first ever Cruiser (4-6weeks) after writting my prized 2014 ZX1400R Ohlins Spec Edition off on the 27th of July,before that I had a 2012 ZX1400R a 2010 ZX1400 and two CBR1100xx Blacbirds and many other bikes before that,ive had plenty of spare time to personalise my Cruiser and think after $2500 on top of everything ive put my wife through,I better lay off on the aftermarket bits for now.Cheers from Stephen:icon_cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OZ thanks and after my second big off three weeks ago (broken left femur and right forearm near Murray Bridge 27th/July) and back on the Queens birthday 2010 (shattered right femur x20 bits + patella and femur came outside my leg) im done riding big Sport Bikes as I still have only 89 degrees bend from 2010 ! so I Killed my third ZX1400R Ohlins Spec Edition and after surgery (second one after two weeks!) we went from Gawler South SA to Oyster Bay NSW near Sydney to collect my new adventure!!!!! ps. might be December before i can Resume!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers NordicMan we get say 2 months of not to harsh rain here per year,got one of my ZX14R Canadian bros coming down here for a visit with his family next year,he is on my FB page "South Aussie mates Riders"Woolfman" ( Marcell Woolf)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thankyou Oz,I am looking forward to seeing some views lol but I have a few mates I ride with when I do. it,s fair enough to ease back ive had a good run really,im happy to sit near the back now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thankyou she went on it first day out with my mate to to get the interstate rego and checkup! and she said before the mini boards on it,s so much more comfortable than the ZX14R,just not the Hp lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Riding now!

G,day the 13th I took her out for my first solo ride did a bit of country/city & returned home on my favourite hills back road home,wow whay a blast she aint no tank like my lot taller mate ( Goody) made me feel it was going too be !Then the 16th went for my first group ride sweet as im a new cruiser convert 100 kays from home at a turn off to Walkers flat Goody ( XJR1300 ) Animal ( ZX1441r) were first then I turned up third in line out of 15 bikes lol, Goody said to me I thought you were going to sit to the back of the pack now on! that lasted till we got out of the carpark at the start! then last Sunday I went for my first two up Group ride down south to Strathalbyn,when we returned I had a great bit of feedback that my (once proffesional racer) mate Martien say he luved the way two up my bike took the S bends etc the lines we took and the way the suspension my pillion and myself went! so all in all im rapped to be riding (this Sunday too!) and my new ( 2009) Cruiser is! ps. following my third ride I had a new front tyre put on monday it had a bad Camber worn flat spot! this bike is and will be better still!:71baldboy:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello from Seattle, welcome to the forum. I used to have friends in Adelaide and spent a week with them in 1987.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts