Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I found a 91 FZR600 for my first bike, carbs need cleaning and a few other things, I'm fine with the project of getting it running and I'm working out price with the guy at the moment, but I want to be ready because he seems like he really wants to get rid of it, and I didn't go too much lower then he was asking, but the bike is missing just the two side fairings. everything else it has, and is either able to be repaired, or in good enough shape that I'm comfortable with it. My only hesitation is those fairings, I can barely find them after a few hours or searching i finally found a few on ebay, all used, or custom made seemingly 1 offs with limited availability. I was hoping for a full kit like what you can get for the yzf600r and other more popular bikes. and I've heard the r1 fairings can be modified to fit. are there any that are easier to get to fit? when i search fzr600 fairings all I find are the yzf600r fairings, and i might be completely off base here so please tell me if i am, but do yzf600r fairings fit somewhat easily onto a fzr600? any tips would be greatly appreciated, I know there's that one company that makes the full r1 conversion kit without holes for like $700 for the kit, but I'm not wanting to have to drill them, or spend more then i am on the bike on the fairings you know?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts