Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"THUG"

From what CNN is reporting today the good citizens of Baltimore are angry over the use of this word.

They are saying, "Thug" is the new N word. :confused:

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Yeah the PC police are out of control. The thought that Thug applies only to black's is so stupid.

·
American Legion Rider
21,107 Posts
Just call them jackasses then.:D

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
I have a friend who is a Cop. Years ago there was a bit of trouble at a High School and he was one of the cops called in to bring order. After the idiots were arrested and the trouble was done with, my friend was asked to do an interview. In the interview he was asked if they thought they were too rough on the kids while getting them under control.
His reply was "If they're going to act like monkeys, we're going to treat them like monkeys". His reply although he meant nothing racial, since most if not all of the troublemakers were black, "it happened 20 years ago or so I don't completely recall", got him reprimanded and almost cost him his job. Having known him since I was 16, I assure you he meant nothing racial.

·
Registered
47 Posts
pretty sure rappers started to call themselves thugs in the early '90's. black people are just people, people that dress with pants hanging down sideways hats, bandanas and tee shirts that are thirteen sizes too big are thugs. dont want to be called a thug.... dont act like one. liberals cant ban words, no matter how hard they try.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i want gay people to stop using the word gay... you cant tell people you're gay (as in happy) anymore.... they will think you're into dudes, lol.

·
American Legion Rider
21,107 Posts
Too many black see being called a monkey as racial. I always though it might hit to close to being accurate myself so tend not to go near yet another word, money, in talking to blacks. Who said we have free speech in this country. Far far from it. It's nothing but a dream of what once was.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,210 Posts
i want gay people to stop using the word gay... you cant tell people you're gay (as in happy) anymore.... they will think you're into dudes, lol.
They need to stop calling themselves "fags" as well.

Seriously, I do not know whether they are a bundling of kindling, or a British cigarette.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
They need to stop calling themselves "fags" as well.

Seriously, I do not know whether they are a bundling of kindling, or a British cigarette.
You might want to learn to be able to tell the difference between a homosexual and a cigarette so you don't accidentally put the wrong one between your lips. :)

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
I heard a report on NPR this afternoon explaining that when a black person uses the word "thug" they mean it in a positive way. When a white person uses it, they actually mean the "N-word".

Whenever I have used the word "thug", it didn't have anything to do with skin color. It had to do with actions and character.

I'm glad the professor being interviewed on NPR can read every person's mind in the US and determine what they are really thinking. That skill could really come in handy.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
In the meantime, Hollywood is still producing movies where non whites go around greeting eachother by saying "Hows my ( unowot )
and Chris Rock is still telling jokes about unowot's, with guns.
Not to even start, on some of the rap songs out there.
However, if its good enough for Chris Rock, Wesley Snipes & Jackie Chan, then its good enough for me.
Gimme that ol time defnition, gimme that ol time defnition, its good enuf for me !

·
So long
2,739 Posts
NPR shouldn't have to go to professors for definitions when white people speak, especially puny little four letter words. We are becoming a nation of morons. :confused:

The PC police should prohibit hijacking existing words to mean something new. Instead the Secretary of the Urban Dictionary (a new presidential cabinet position) should assign new words meant to offend others. :p

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
The PC police should prohibit hijacking existing words to mean something new. Instead the Secretary of the Urban Dictionary (a new presidential cabinet position) should assign new words meant to offend others. :p
It's all about being make-believe offended.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,210 Posts
You might want to learn to be able to tell the difference between a homosexual and a cigarette so you don't accidentally put the wrong one between your lips. :)
Easy enough to tell the difference. If it screams like a biotch when I light it, then I have the wrong one.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Black people can call each other the N word but no one else can use it, let's call a thug a thug, guess next we can't call someone another word for a shovel either. No one but us honkies can use that name anymore but to refer to other honkies. Cracker is off limits to.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
OK, that just doesn't wash!! When you look at media coverage of Ferguson there were some white thugs. I think we should just call them criminals.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts