Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders. It's been a while since I been on the forum but I'm back ? So I ride a 2003 Yamaha r1 it was my first bike I owned and I'm thinking of selling it off to my friend and upgrading to a gsxr 1300 (hayabusa) I got pretty bored with the r1 so I think it going to benefit me to upgrade I plan on buying a 2016 hayabusa in January so I can be ready for March. Anyway this is just my update and thoughts on what I plan on doing this winter also plan on buying the voodoo 4 into 1 full exhaust system for it.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Where do you ride that you got bored on an R1? It sounds to me like you would be better off with less bike... the old saying" It is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow" applies here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in pa but I ride anywhere in my city..but the e way is where I normally go to push the bike..but I am done with the r1 I can't push it any farther it just won't let me I get it to 165 and I want more power it just doesn't pull anymore that's why I decided to get the new hayabusa I want more top end pull

·
Visionary
4,656 Posts
165! Damn! You'd fall asleep riding my cruiser at 1/2 that :)

I'm in pa but I ride anywhere in my city..but the e way is where I normally go to push the bike..but I am done with the r1 I can't push it any farther it just won't let me I get it to 165 and I want more power it just doesn't pull anymore that's why I decided to get the new hayabusa I want more top end pull

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'll be able to get to at least 195-200 with a power commander and the full voodoo exchaust

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,370 Posts
Well I'll be able to get to at least 195-200 with a power commander and the full voodoo exchaust
The question that needs to be asked is why?

·
Registered
804 Posts
So, you're saying you want to "upgrade" to a Busa so you can go even faster than 165 mph on the expressway?

Here are a couple suggestions for you:

1) Start going to trackdays. Any doofus can twist the throttle in a straight line. Prove you're fast by setting quick lap times.

2) Quit being stupid on public roads. When things go wrong for you (and they will), I hope it's only you and that there are no innocent victims who get taken out with you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, you're saying you want to "upgrade" to a Busa so you can go even faster than 165 mph on the expressway?

Here are a couple suggestions for you:

1) Start going to trackdays. Any doofus can twist the throttle in a straight line. Prove you're fast by setting quick lap times.

2) Quit being stupid on public roads. When things go wrong for you (and they will), I hope it's only you and that there are no innocent victims who get taken out with you.
1) I don't seek circuit racing I have no interest in it what so ever
2) I know the risk involved im not going to say nothing bad will happen to me but I am aware that me and the people I ride with are taking chances thank you cpt obvious for telling me something I know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ever hear of a dragstrip?
Yes and I plan on going next spring but on the same hand I have people that will run you on the street and they drag on a strip so even when I do go I still won't stop doing it on the street. The cops come and there normally chill they won't say anything about it until 3am they let us do it so no harm no foul

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last time I checked if there's cars out your not going to be going in a straight line at 165 on the e way buddy.

·
Registered
804 Posts
1) I don't seek circuit racing I have no interest in it what so ever
2) I know the risk involved im not going to say nothing bad will happen to me but I am aware that me and the people I ride with are taking chances thank you cpt obvious for telling me something I know.
Who cares if you're taking chances? It matters that you're risking others who are not involved. And if you claim you're not, then you're not being very honest with yourself.

I know full well why you guys don't take it to the track. It's because the real racers who operate with a set of rules will knock you out in the first round. In other words, the skill level of a street racer is lower. Their cars/bikes are less safe because they're not up to standard in many cases.

Yes and I plan on going next spring but on the same hand I have people that will run you on the street and they drag on a strip so even when I do go I still won't stop doing it on the street. The cops come and there normally chill they won't say anything about it until 3am they let us do it so no harm no foul
I'm not buying that for a second. If there really are uniformed cops there, post a picture of them at your "race." What do you suppose would happen to them if they allowed you to ride a 160 mph on a public road?

Last time I checked if there's cars out your not going to be going in a straight line at 165 on the e way buddy.
When is there a time that cars are not on an expressway? Again, I'm calling BS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who cares if you're taking chances? It matters that you're risking others who are not involved. And if you claim you're not, then you're not being very honest with yourself.

I know full well why you guys don't take it to the track. It's because the real racers who operate with a set of rules will knock you out in the first round. In other words, the skill level of a street racer is lower. Their cars/bikes are less safe because they're not up to standard in many cases.

I'm not buying that for a second. If there really are uniformed cops there, post a picture of them at your "race." What do you suppose would happen to them if they allowed you to ride a 160 mph on a public road?

When is there a time that cars are not on an expressway? Again, I'm calling BS.
Honestly I don't care if you call "BS"or not. come down to philly I promise you you I'll show you better then I can tell you. And as far as the cops go if you were from here and you raced you would know there a strip out in south philly where we go to do 1/4 mile races the cops go up there see us racing and won't do nothing but sit there but then again you wouldn't know now would you? Me and you are in two different classes the reason I wouldn't circuit race is because a hayabusa is meant for drag not circuit racing..like I said I'm going to start drag racing on a track but even then I'm not going to stop street racing..since you have so many bright idea and think you know so much maybe you can put down that cruiser and pick up a sport bike and see where u stand?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts