Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I having conflicting opinions on what kind of bike I should get. I am 6 feet and 7 inches, and I weigh 250lbs. I know I should start off with a bike that is not too powerful, but how should I go about choosing a bike that is suitable for my size and not too powerful.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
What type of bike are you looking for? You'd have a tough time fitting on a sport bike. Even most cruisers would be tight, but you can get forward controls to accommodate any height. You would do fine on a dualsport.

Something like a Suzuki Bandit or Kawasaki Versys for a sporty bike, any of the beginner cruisers but you would need to buy forward controls, or a XL650, KLR650 or DR400 or DR650.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thanks for the information. I was looking at sport bikes, but knowing that it would be difficult to find one. A cruiser would be nice, something I could tour Germany with. I am stationed there and would like something comfortable to ride, keeping within a reasonable price range.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Over in Europe they have a bigger range of sport-tourers and adventure bikes than we do here in the US, more sporty bikes that are good at handling poor roads and rough terrain. A lot of these kinds of bikes are also better for taller riders. Actually, the Versys was originally sold only to the European market (under a different name, I forget what) and was only brought to the US after a huge outcry to Kawi from Americans.

I'm stuck here in America so of course I don't have any experience with those adventure bikes, but you might want to go to a dealer and see what they have in that style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts