Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the owner of 2019 sportglide and the charcoal canister is constantly dumping fuel onto the ground. not a steady stream but when I lean the bike over (opposite direction of the kickstand ) when parking it , it will leave a trail of fuel, and of course the smell is very prevalent. Is this a common issue?
2019 sportglide
screaming eagle stage 2 kit is installed

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Isn't a 2019 still under warranty? Seems like something your dealer needs to be made aware of before you become a fireball statistic. Now if you've already voided the warranty then I'd have ask, when did this start? Who did the stage 2 and what kind of tuner are you using to adjust for the stage 2? Leaving fuel on the ground means that canister is already full and you have a time-bomb on your hands. That canister needs to be purged or replaced but you need to find the source of why it is getting full. One thing that cause it is to over-fill the full tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the vacuum line to the canister disconnected. At first when I plugged it back in the canister had so much fuel in it that it flooded and wouldn't run. After letting it dry out I plugged it in and now it runs fine so far haven't had a chance to test ride since. Really unwilling to let that dealership even touch the bike again. Long story,

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Thanks for the update. It might help someone else in the future since that line must be easy to get off or overlooked in routine maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.