Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a picture but cannot post it because my post count is currently too low.

I just got my bike running after almost a year of her being out of commission in my garage. The issue that I have run into now is that I have misplaced my service manual and am having trouble finding one online.

I am not sure how the fuel line configuration is supposed to be but there are only 2 hoses, each running from the top of the carb to the bottom. One of the hoses is very loose and leaks fuel but when it is running there will be a steady flow of fuel coming out of one of the open (injectors?) and eventually my bike will cut off. After it cuts off there is one last steady stream that pours out and it stops.

On the side of my fuel tank there is an adjuster that can be put in 3 positions; "ON", "PRI", and "RES". I currently have it in the "ON" and there are 2 more fuel lines connected to the side of it.

Thank you in advance for checking this out and trying to help, I am hoping to ride my bike next week since it will be a lot warmer!

Nate

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
I believe the numbered ports are bowl drains, and the brass screws next to them open the drains.

Your fuel valve is vacuum operated. ON and RES (reserve) only allow fuel to flow when one of those two hoses has a vacuum. That hose should connect to at least one of the vacuum ports of the carbs. The PRI position is for priming the carbs, and just allows the fuel to flow. The other hose should feed the carbs, above what is shown in that photo, through the float valve inlets. All four should be bridged together, somehow.

I can't tell what that is on the left, with the hoses connected to it, unless that is how the fuel should be shared to the carbs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that there are 4 hoses on top of the carb. 3 of them are alike and there is a fourth one in the middle that goes directly into the larger drain on the fuel tank (Gold). 1 of the 3 that are alike is connected to the drain as shown.

Should I connect all 3 to the drains and close the one without a hose?

One of those 3 hoses on top was going to the silver drain on my fuel tank.

I have a video of all of this to be uploaded later, in the video I took off the gas tank and showed every lead to the hose and attempted to start it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts