Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
2,561 Posts
I've seen regular gas in my area, New Jersey, as low at $2.35 a gallon, although most places are closer
to $2.45.

·
Nightfly
3,670 Posts
You've got lower prices than we see around here, South central PA. Right now price is generally between $2.60 (if you're lucky) and $2.89, But that price changes almost daily, could be anywhere tomorrow. Haven't seen $2.35 in a very long time.

·
American Legion Rider
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Prices have generally been lower for some time around here compared to a year ago this time of year.
I think the refineries know we got wise to their fake excuses to raise the prices. Or maybe they see the writing on the wall that electric transportation is coming fast so they want to try to look good again. I know these shortages are just plain BS. I see the transport trucks daily leaving the oil pad site near me. It's hasn't changed one darn bit. And that just the crude or salt water transports. The natural gas we never see because that's piped out. But it's BS about shortages unless they cause the shortage and they have done that. Poor management should not be paid by us!!!

·
Visionary
2,839 Posts
Living right on the border I always buy my gas in NJ, it's usually at least $.30 cheaper over there, and if I'm filling up the car I don't even have to get out and pump it myself in the last bastion of mandated full serve gas.

You've got lower prices than we see around here, South central PA. Right now price is generally between $2.60 (if you're lucky) and $2.89, But that price changes almost daily, could be anywhere tomorrow. Haven't seen $2.35 in a very long time.

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
At Shirley's place, living right on the border with WA, we buy gas in Blaine WA.
The gas for my XS400 is half price. The average cage gets about 25 mpg. Deep Purple is over 50, often 55mpg, which is half price the way I count. I just sold my 15mpg belch mobile. A 78 Chev 3/4 ton pick up.
My van cage gets 25 to 30mpg. All above Imperial gallons.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We are at $2.19 in town but on the interstate and station just 1.4 miles away it is $2.79, that is literally highway robbery.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts