Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'll stop complaining about fuel prices going up and down here. At least ours does go down. It would appear some don't. I really have no idea when this photo was taken so have no idea if this is current or past but I'm keeping my trap shut from now on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If those prices are in Mexican pesos, at current exchange rates that would be less than 50 cents a gallon. Unless it's in Pesos/liter, then more like $1.80 a gallon.

Oh wait, is that an 18? I thought it was an 8. So, $18.59 p per liter is like $3.75 / gallon in US dollars.

You might want to go back to complaining, but I won't, I ride a Royal Enfield, 70 miles per gallon.

"Royal Enfield, making riders into mechanics since 1901."

·
American Legion Rider
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might have a bad currency converter then because that’s not what I came up with. But I did question it.

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
We are around $1.30 per liter. 4 to the US gallon is $5.20. And it is mostly AB gas. About half of what gets shipped to BC, goes to a refinery in WA, where we can buy it for a lot less.
Noddy does about 50 to the Imperial gallon, and Deep Purple a bit more. It is mostly Shirley's cage that gets filled up in Blaine WA.

The BC government had a bunch of smart guys do a review of pricing, but restricted them a bit, to not blaming the govt. But 7 cents per liter were a result of govt guidelines on all things ( not taxes which are higher ) and 13 cents could not be accounted for.
An expensive review that did not shine a light on anything. We all knew we are being screwed by the govt.

We do have Shell and Esso, providing 91 octane ethanol free.

UK

·
Registered
79 Posts
€1.429/litre in Ireland. Doesn't sound too bad until you convert it to US gallons.

Works out around $6/gal.

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
€1.429/litre in Ireland. Doesn't sound too bad until you convert it to US gallons.

Works out around $6/gal.
A Google search will give you the global fuel prices. Many places under 50 cents per liter, many places over 50 cents per liter.
But this is just one item. Some places have free medical care. In BC we have cheap hydro power. It is always a trade off. Gas is free in Venezuela. Are folks with big block cages moving there?

UK

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I recently returned home to Illinois from a 40 day, 7,070 mile road trip with my SUV towing a small travel trailer. While gas prices were somewhat the same in most of the places we were, there were some major variations. For example, in L.A. I paid $4.89 a gallon, and then a few days later paid $2.15 a gallon in Arizona. For the most part, states on the West Coast were the most expensive, and as a state, Oklahoma seemed the lowest prices. I would not live in CA for many reasons including the very high cost of living, the extremely high taxes, the virulently anti-2nd Amendment political climate, and finally, the ridiculously high gas prices.

·
American Legion Rider
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I was transferred to California in 71, it was not a bad place at all. In fact I carried open when fishing the streams around the Sierras. By the time I was transferred back to Texas in 91, California was spiraling down rapidly. And just the mention of gun brought near fear in the eyes of some. Now it’s almost worse than a cesspool in some places. I’m just glad I retired and will never have to live there again.

Sent while away from computer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So, we all agree that present day California is worse than the place in the picture, the place that has soldiers patrolling a suburban area with their automatic weapon at the ready? At least the gas price in the picture is cheaper than California!

·
American Legion Rider
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, we all agree that present day California is worse than the place in the picture, the place that has soldiers patrolling a suburban area with their automatic weapon at the ready? At least the gas price in the picture is cheaper than California!
Questionable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Under the new fuel measures, each motorist is allowed to buy 60 litres (13 gallons) of petrol a month at 15,000 rials ($0.13; £0.10) a litre. Each additional litre then costs 30,000 rials.

·
American Legion Rider
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow !!! I'd burn that 13 gallons in just 3 PGR or American Legion missions and I see more than that during some months. We have just about buried all the WW2 veterans and now it's the Korean War and early Vietnam War veterans. My hat is off to all of our military veterans and PGR and American Legion missions is my little way of showing my gratitude. I hope we never get to that level of rationing fuel here. It would put a crimp on a lot of worthwhile activities.

·
Visionary
2,839 Posts
Interesting, considering I use about 3.5 gallons a day commuting and I burned 36.25 gallons in 23 hours on my BBG1500 ride :) my 16 gallons wouldn't last too long!

While I had the figures I played with them..that worked out to a decent 42.3 MPG for the 1535 miles, which BTW is exactly what the bike's computer indicated as well, I think that's the first time I verified it as accurate.

Under the new fuel measures, each motorist is allowed to buy 60 litres (13 gallons) of petrol a month at 15,000 rials ($0.13; £0.10) a litre. Each additional litre then costs 30,000 rials.

·
6,405 Posts
It depends on what socio-economic class you happen to be in!

People with good educations and willing to work and not bitch and complain, wanting a Gubmit handout are doing VERY WELL in CA, like I did and LOTS of my family members still do, making tons of money (maybe not keeping much) and still living the California dream.

The only Folks I know of patrolling the streets are Patriot Citizens, armed to the teeth, just waiting for the welfare and sweetie-pie Governor to try to take away their GUNS and the ability to protect themselves.

My best and oldest friend still lives in Riverside county, south of Los Angeles and he told me he had just paid $4.25 for 87 unleaded---after I told him that I had done the same the day before @ $2.13 :)

Those Mesican troops are doing a fantastic job protecting-----the Drug Cartel's and crooked Politicians:)

Sam:)

·
American Legion Rider
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My daughter her husband still live there as well with their own business supplying the RV industry with specialty parts. But they say the government is trying hard to make them move them and the business to another state. Most likely Georgia since they have some parts made there at their fabrication plant. You would think that government would realize what they are doing but I guess they are blind to the fact. My daughter and family are doing very well and would like to stay and are trying hard to but they are not stupid either. I wish they would move today but they are hanging on out there in hopes that government wises up.

·
American Legion Rider
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:rolleyes: I never ride like this.
That would only be about 1450 miles if you figure an average of 40mpg.
There was a time I could/would do it but no longer. That old age thing hit.
:( :) :( :) :( :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts