Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Suzuki boulevard c50, the front jug is not firing, the back jug is running great but nothin on the front. replaced ignition coils and spark plugs but still no luck, tryin to get bike goin by the weekend any help on what this might be would be greatly appreciated,

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
My VTX did that and it was both plugs on the one cylinder. I'm not familiar with yours so I'm assuming it only has one by your response or you change both if it has two. Next possible would be a plug wire broken or shorting to ground. Change that then hope it's nothing to do with the brains of the beast.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The coil is sending spark, but it's just not firing, took it for a test drive and the cylinders will fire sporadically but when it does I have full power

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
One or two carbs on that thing?

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Bahahha, sorry. FI, should have known.

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Yea first problems I've had with it

I think you may be confusing some us bike mechanics by using improper terms. The term "firing" in our industry usually refers to the presence of spark. If you have a good consistent spark on the front jug, then your problem is most likely found in the fuel delivery system. Hence why cmonStart made that remark. Since your bike's rear cylinder runs, we can rule out a fuel pump issue. Both jugs use the same pump. Soo... we now have narrowed down the problem to the forward jug's throttle body/ fuel system.

Had you brought your Suzi into my shop, I would have asked you questions such as; Were you riding it and this just suddenly happened? Or did the bike sit inactive for a long time? Has anything recently been worked on that could have jostled some wires loose?

Help us help you Bro!!!:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea first problems I've had with it

I think you may be confusing some us bike mechanics by using improper terms. The term "firing" in our industry usually refers to the presence of spark. If you have a good consistent spark on the front jug, then your problem is most likely found in the fuel delivery system. Hence why cmonStart made that remark. Since your bike's rear cylinder runs, we can rule out a fuel pump issue. Both jugs use the same pump. Soo... we now have narrowed down the problem to the forward jug's throttle body/ fuel system.

Had you brought your Suzi into my shop, I would have asked you questions such as; Were you riding it and this just suddenly happened? Or did the bike sit inactive for a long time? Has anything recently been worked on that could have jostled some wires loose?

Help us help you Bro!!!
well at first I thought there was no spark it wasn't until I was able to pull the plug and check that there was a spark, and yea I was riding it when it started I had to double back on a trip I had planned out didn't even make it 15 miles out, nothing big was done on it, oil change and air filter change is all I've done to her recently,

And could you tell me the proper clearance for my valves, I have been getting different answers from people so I need to know the right answer,

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Have you noticed a red light lit up on your instrument dash? And I seriously doubt that valve clearance is the issue. Hell, I haven't used feeler gauges to check valve clearance for years, unless there was a damaged valve reason. When the cylinder being checked is at TDC on the compression stroke, the valve actuaters should have a slight jiggle to them. No jiggle, too tight. Too much jiggle, too loose.

You seem to have a fuel delivery issue to the forward cylinder. Explore that...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you noticed a red light lit up on your instrument dash? And I seriously doubt that valve clearance is the issue. Hell, I haven't used feeler gauges to check valve clearance for years, unless there was a damaged valve reason. When the cylinder being checked is at TDC on the compression stroke, the valve actuaters should have a slight jiggle to them. No jiggle, too tight. Too much jiggle, too loose.

You seem to have a fuel delivery issue to the forward cylinder. Explore that...

No red light on instrument panel or anything like that, I'll go into the fuel system today and see what I can find

1 - 14 of 14 Posts