Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you would have told me that I would be starting the restoration of a water cooled, fully dressed and accessoried, XVZ12T I think I would have told you that you were dreaming, but here I sit, stumped.

Why you will ask? Because I don't know anything about V engines, and the wiring on the XS nearly stumped me!

This bike has a radio, ride adjustment, digital instruments, and the battery doesn't go in a box under the seat, it is in a box under what used to be the gas tank....

So as I change my motorcycle directives from a frame, motor, and wheels, to a completely decked out touring machine, I will be spending alot more time at the Venturers foruum rather than here...

You guys have been great, and I have learned much here; and as a last resort, I would like to ask one last simple question....Where should I start?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
K. nuff said.
well I have really done it this time... rather than mess with trival pursuits I just tore into it..!

The worst I have found yet, is an all braking system, that has a bad sensor which obviously has had problems for quite some time. Somebody tried to fix it years ago, broke off the led screw and replaced them with extra long, electrical box screws that rusted , but I got them out. The reservoir box had gelled brake fluid in it, and the sensor does not have any continuity in it, so the brake light must have been on all the time. The rear frame comes off in a single section, and it has been bobbed off, So I will have to invest in some building matierials. brake fluid stinks...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts