Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a beautiful day, and being retired the fact that it is a Monday did not stop me from going for a ride. In fact, I was out for about 4 and a half hours, covering almost 200 miles under blue skies and temps that reached into the upper 70's. In fact, I had to stop part way through the ride, to open the vents on my jacket and change to light weight gloves. But I'm not really complaining, it was a great day to ride. The only thing that would have made it better was if I had had some riding friends to join me. But solo is certainly better than sitting at home watching the tube! What is really amazing, is that two days from now the weather report is for a high of 38 degrees and possible snow showers! Truly unbelievable.

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
YEP

And right back to winter:sad:

We have snow and freezing rain with temps in the mid 30s forecast for later this week here too ...

Gotta love spring!:wink2:

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
The weather is beautiful and I'm stuck being a cowboy or farmer. I'd much rather be riding my Indian than changing equipment around in preparation of mowing or vaccinating and other cow things. Or fixing fences or grading my drive. It's just that time of year here that makes riding hard to come by. Then about the time I can ride, here comes the rain. Y'all are ticking me off with your riding.:grin: :grin: :grin:

Reactions: Porky

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
I have yet to throw a leg over myself Hog.

I worked Saturday morning and helped sandbag all afternoon.
Sunday, I helped a friend clear some downed trees and did a little fencing myself.

·
On The Road Again!
4,191 Posts
But solo is certainly better than sitting at home watching the tube! What is really amazing, is that two days from now the weather report is for a high of 38 degrees and possible snow showers! Truly unbelievable.
There are no more tubes. Now it's sitting home staring at the LEDs. :grin:
It was 76 here this afternoon!! I took a ride and had myself an ice cream
at Jumboland!

·
Zip
2,513 Posts
It was overcast with a high in the 60's here today. I worked at home so there was no commute to/from work, but I did have a doctors appointment late in the day and of course I rode rather than drove :)

·
Banned
87 Posts
The high here tomorrow is supposed to be 97, the low Wednesday 47. This is typical for this time of year so bring layers, lol.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yesterday the temps dropped into the low 30's and for a few hours we had snow coming down (but no accumulation). Looks like we will have several days of colder, wet weather so the bike is back on the Battery Tender for now. Even my dog doesn't want to go outside.

·
On The Road Again!
4,191 Posts
This morning it was down below freezing here.
By Saturday it's supposed to be 75.
Wacky weather.

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
2 inches of wet snow with and inch of freezing rain on top of that.

Should be a little warmer Saturday, but it's gonna be sloppy at the 2-gun match.

Extended forecast is cool and wet out past Easter...

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
We've been back to Texas 28 years now and have noticed one thing that has been fairly consistent about the weather. We have almost always got some kind of freezing weather sometime around Easter. Few days before, on, or after, before we get into summer. Spring has been a few fleeting hours or days between March and April.:wink2: Yes, the weather seems to be very weird these days no matter where you live. But it always has. Just ask Noah.:devil:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Had some nice days but haven't rode since February. Living on a dirt road it takes several good days to get the road dried out enough to ride. Don't like muddy roads.

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
I don't miss that since I moved one bit. It was only about 100 yards but the rutted, steep, mud alleyway I used to park in was always an adventure at 0300 every morning! I was back there a few weeks ago and rode through the mud and realized just how much 'fun' it was.

Had some nice days but haven't rode since February. Living on a dirt road it takes several good days to get the road dried out enough to ride. Don't like muddy roads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts