Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks. Just found this forum so thought I'd intro myself.

Been riding since I was six years old. Started on a Honda mini 50. Graduated to a Yamaha YZ 80 as a kid. Bought my first street bike, a Honda Magna, when I was a youngster in the military. Had that for a couple years, then took a hiatus until 2007 when I bought a Yamaha FJR. Beautiful bike, loved it! But, sold it in 09 and was bikeless until last month.

On July 2, pulled the trigger on a fun little BMW F800R. Apparently, I like it, because I've tallied over 3,800 miles in the last six weeks. 2K of that was a trip to Nebraska and back to Louisiana.

Anyway, just happy to be back on two wheels and talking to other folks with the same interest.

Cheers!:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
On July 2, pulled the trigger on a fun little BMW F800R. Apparently, I like it, because I've tallied over 3,800 miles in the last six weeks. 2K of that was a trip to Nebraska and back to Louisiana.

Cheers!:D
Welcome to the club from New Mexico Velisoped

·
Registered
809 Posts
You mean the OTHER, other LA!

The OTHER LA is .... Lower Alabama! But Kenny "The Snake" Stabler made "Lower Alabama" the OTHER L.A.

No, I'm not from any LA - I'm in North Carolina.

Welcome!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean the OTHER, other LA!

The OTHER LA is .... Lower Alabama! But Kenny "The Snake" Stabler made "Lower Alabama" the OTHER L.A.

No, I'm not from any LA - I'm in North Carolina.

Welcome!
Ah, well, I should've remembered Lower Alabama. I used to live there, but somehow demoted them to third LA status. But if The Snake said it...

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts

And thank you for your service

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome, folks!

I actually met The Snake once. Worked in Sears in Mobile, AL during college and he came strolling in one day. That was kind of fun... except he didn't buy anything from me. :frown:

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I used to spend my summers in LA around Alexandria. My grandparents lived in Forest Hill, an aunt in Le Compte, an uncle in Pollock and many others scattered around the area. I love the Piney woods and swamps. I love riding down there. It brings back such good memories!

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Now how did you sneak in here on me:D....

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the Forum. I used to spend my summers in LA around Alexandria. My grandparents lived in Forest Hill, an aunt in Le Compte, an uncle in Pollock and many others scattered around the area. I love the Piney woods and swamps. I love riding down there. It brings back such good memories!
Thanks for the welcome. Louisiana does have some beautiful rides... as long as you like flat. But the scenery is unlike any place.

Every week, there's a show on the local channel called LA Rider in which a lady (T.W. Robinson) rides around the state to highlight interesting places and roads, and of course, all that Cajun cuisine. I recommend anyone who wants to ride LA to check out her videos online. (larider.tv)

What part of MO? I was born in Ste Genevieve. Only got to ride there once, but plan to make it there again some day, lots of good riding there.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
"What part of MO? I was born in Ste Genevieve. Only got to ride there once, but plan to make it there again some day, lots of good riding there."

I know right where Ste Gen is. We ride through there often. Hwy 61 south out of Festus all the way to Cape Girardeau is a great bike ride. I'm from the Hillsboro area. Was born and raised there. My parents both worked so I spent most of my summers in LA with family.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know right where Ste Gen is. We ride through there often. Hwy 61 south out of Festus all the way to Cape Girardeau is a great bike ride. I'm from the Hillsboro area. Was born and raised there. My parents both worked so I spent most of my summers in LA with family.
Hwy 61 is a great ride! My grandparents lived on it, you've undoubtedly passed their house (next to the nursing home just as you roll into town from the north). Lots of great riding up there. I had a lot of fun running those roads in my GTO back in high school. Would love to do it on two wheels some day.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Yep, we've definitely passed their home, many times. If you ever do head this way give us a shout. Hopefully we'll be back to riding most of the time and can meet up with you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts