Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stumbled across this site and thought it might be interesting to connect with other riders. I am and older middle-aged rider, retired military, rode several metric bikes in my early years and then took a long break from riding while raising a family and then just got back into it three years ago and purchased a Harley 2006 Sportster 1200 Custom. It had only 100 miles on it when I bought it and then have put on about 15k miles over the last three summers since I have been taking long trips south to the Carolinas and even as far as the Florida Keys. Yeah the bike is not the typical long distance touring bike but it is fast and agile and love taking the curves and feeling the wind and the road. I often thought about a bigger bikes with the windshield and ultra comfy seats and then talk myself out of it since it just feels like a hybrid car in my mind. I did, however, put a Mustang touring seat on it that helps with the long distance riding. The bike is also extremely easy and fun to work on.
I am a solo rider and really feel the long rides, even though they can beat you up, are good for the soul. I tend to forget what stress is after a long ride.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Thank you for your service and.......

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Thank you for your service. You will find that there are a lot of us middle aged riders around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts