Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

They just recovered a car/corpse went over the edge of Red Mountain pass, on the "Million Dollar Highway" .... between Silverton & Ouray...

Before ...ahem... "things got a lot warmer" they seldom even DISCOVERED the carcasses till spring melted the 50' of snow or more at the bottom of the
canyon.

This picture was [obviously] taken in the summer. Courtesy Jerry McBride, Durango Herald...

There's no guardrail so the plows can push the snow right over the edge.

The "San Juan Skyway" aka "Million Dollar Highway" in SW Colorado, including this stretch, is scenic as all get out but ya gotta pay attention, stay in yer lane...

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Riding that in the rain was bad enough, no way I'd do it in the snow, even if I was in a car.

·
American Legion Rider
21,231 Posts
Dang! At least California did that right. They have 10' posts with reflectors on roads in the Sierra's. Or they used to. It's been a few years, like 20 since I was there.

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
I just hope that the driver died instantly in the accident or very quickly after.:frown:

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
We rode that in 2010, Montrose to Durango. We thought it was over rated. Driving/riding it in rain would be different but I wouldn't want to be on it at all with snow on the road. That would be a good time to find a motel room and stay for a while.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Rode to the top of Mt.Washington in New Hampshire no guard rails there either ass was chewing the leather seat all the way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts