Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a 96 Suzuki Katana 600 and it has leaky fork seals. I had the seals replaced but the shop told me I have pitting on the inner fork tube. The pitting is what is tearing the seals and making them leak. Replacing them is a bit pricey and for the money I was wondering if I can possibly replace them with better forks. That is, forks other than the OEM. Or even just forks from a similar bike that I could substitute in for a bit cheaper.

Does anyone know how difficult a retrofit would be to put GSX-R forks? Or if there are any comparable forks that would be cheap and easy to throw on.

I have been looking for wrecked katanas for cheaper forks but haven't had much luck. Are ninja forks a possibility?

Any input would be great.
Thanks, Dan.

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
I would just go with a cheap set of used OEM ones honestly. That bike was designed for them and other than adjustable compressions and rebound you won't gain too much, especially on the katana.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. That sounds good. The hardest part is finding forks that aren't pitted like mine are. The ones you linked actually look really good though. They say they're from a 750. Will that be a problem?

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
Ok. That sounds good. The hardest part is finding forks that aren't pitted like mine are. The ones you linked actually look really good though. They say they're from a 750. Will that be a problem?
I don't think so but I haven't been around a katana in a few years and kinda fell out of the info on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts