Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I have been riding my Kawasaki W800 for almost a year now. But now I have a really serious problem with the engine.
I bought it second hand, it was only 4 months old and so now is only a year and a few months. This means it is still within the 2 year warranty period. I forgot to transfer the warranty to my name, however.
Does anyone know if they will make a problem of this? Will they say the warranty is not valid?

I have the warranty booklet and in the "exclusions from warranty" it doesn't say anything that it would be voided because of this. Further on, however, there are these cards to send to Kawasaki if the bike gets a new owner... But so I forgot to do this...

So anyone know more? I'd like to know, before I contact Kawasaki...

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
What do have to lose by sending it in and waiting for confirmation, then take it in after that? Yes you'll lose some ride time but it's your mistake and mistakes are educational and costly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do have to lose by sending it in and waiting for confirmation, then take it in after that? Yes you'll lose some ride time but it's your mistake and mistakes are educational and costly.
I don't know. I could perhaps also try to arrange it somehow via the previous owner (on whose name the warranty should still be registered, I guess)? But if Kawasaki already knows about it, they might thwart this plan...?

I sounds like it might be a really expensive lesson, they just told me it is most likely total loss... I don't think I could buy a new bike...:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aren't most factory warranties with the bike and not the owner? I know they are with cars.
I don't really know how that works. That would be really good news, because then it should apply. (of course they still will need to agree that it is a warranty covered issue)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I am with hogcowboy. Register yourself as the new owner and then take the bike in for warranty repair. If the bike carries a 2 year warranty, then it does. If you are only at 16 months, the warranty is still in effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts