Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'd just like to apologize to Trials for utterly derailing his thread :ROFLMAO:

Do you have any plans to build one a street one?
Yes, on building kneeler for the street :cool:
no to needing to apologize for anything, I really did make this thread for you.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Coriolis effect has been used in novels and movies for ever :unsure:
I think the french professor in 20,000 leagues beneath the Sea used it first, when he was trying to determine where Captain Nemo was taking the Nautilus. :LOL: I love Jules Verne, it must be true or I'll be devastated.

·
Registered
Honda CB500S
66 Posts
Coriolis effect has been used in novels and movies for ever :unsure:
I think the french professor in 20,000 leagues beneath the Sea used it first, when he was trying to determine where Captain Nemo was taking the Nautilus. :LOL: I love Jules Verne, it must be true or I'll be devastated.
The Coriolis effect is very real. It just isn't strong enough to affect such a small system (i.e. water in a sink etc.).

Hurricanes spin in opposite directions depending on which side of the equator they're on. In fact they don't even start within a certain band of the equator because the Coriolis effect isn't strong enough there!

This was actually in my geography exam back when I was 16.

Here's a webpage on it: Hurricanes | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

"The direction of circulation is different depending on where the storm is located: it is counter-clockwise in the Northern hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern hemisphere."

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
The Kiwis and Ozzies do not might telling folks that the water goes the other way. It is part of the tourist advertising.
Same with the mini whirlwinds caused by vehicles passing on the wrong side. Has to be folks in Kansas that believe that.
Next thing the Kiwis will tell you they have birds that do not fly, and used to have birds bigger than an ostrich.
UK

21 - 24 of 24 Posts